Discuss How to Wire up a aftermarket Rear View Camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
Re: VW Tiguan 2011Diesel SUV 2.0 TDI FWD -- 5N_ 1968cc 103KW 140HP CFFB
vin: WVGZZZ5NZBW063715

Am going try and fit a aftermarket wi-fi rear view camera, question, Where do I fit the feed to the infotainment unit, I think it is a RDC 510 Premium 8 , have ordered a connector as per pic, just because was told that is what I need !, looking at the pin outs, I can't see where the video input would go from the Camera .
Pics attached: Dash radio + rear Connector pin outs ( not from mine, but same as !).
Cheers
Spike

Attachments

• IMG-1620 for forum .jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Back connector 19.06.23.png
    608.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Back connector label 19.06.23.png
    838.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Reverse cam wire pick up RHS pannel 19.06.23.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 6
I tried using a wifi rear view camera for my van.

Worked fine, except when the engine was running. Pointless.

I ended up running a wire the whole way and using a different camera and using a separate screen.

Doesn't help you with your issue.... but be aware if its a cheap ebay/amazon purchase

I tried using a wifi rear view camera for my van.

Worked fine, except when the engine was running. Pointless.

I ended up running a wire the whole way and using a different camera and using a separate screen.

Doesn't help you with your issue.... but be aware if its a cheap ebay/amazon purchase
Yeh it works on my iphone has a screen

Hi
Re: VW Tiguan 2011Diesel SUV 2.0 TDI FWD -- 5N_ 1968cc 103KW 140HP CFFB
vin: WVGZZZ5NZBW063715

Am going try and fit a aftermarket wi-fi rear view camera, question, Where do I fit the feed to the infotainment unit, I think it is a RDC 510 Premium 8 , have ordered a connector as per pic, just because was told that is what I need !, looking at the pin outs, I can't see where the video input would go from the Camera .
Pics attached: Dash radio + rear Connector pin outs ( not from mine, but same as !).
Cheers
Spike

I don't think that has a RVC input.

Yes that is what I thought, will have to take out my radio to see if it is the same, but not looking good, to have a reverse camera fitted is it !.
Even if you have the camera input, you would still need an interface and also program the radio to use it.

If it has a 26pin mustard coloured plug, then it has the input, the one in your pic doesn't.

Even if you have the camera input, you would still need an interface and also program the radio to use it.

If it has a 26pin mustard coloured plug, then it has the input, the one in your pic doesn't.
Hi
Thanks for that, will use VCDS to program, didn't know I had to have a interface, according to the manual the Video output of the Camera via wi fi straight into the back of the unit, could you tell me whst interface I would need .
Cheers
Spike

Hi
Thanks for that, will use VCDS to program, didn't know I had to have a interface, according to the manual the Video output of the Camera via wi fi straight into the back of the unit, could you tell me whst interface I would need .
Cheers
Spike

That product is for NTSC video
I know nothing about standards for vehicle cameras, but is that not for the American market, not UK?
Most reversing cameras use NTSC format, which is used on many German or American vehicles.

Or, as I remember the engineer saying when i used to work in the TV shop, Never The Same Colour Twice.

Last edited:

Reply to How to Wire up a aftermarket Rear View Camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock