Discuss how tricky is the elecsa 1st inspection? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mazolaman

Hi,
I get my first one tomorrow,and am wondering how in depth it goes,and how forgiving the inspectors are?
ie Spanish inquisition or that'll do!
Cheers,kevin.

Dont forget, as soon as he walks through your door, offer him a cuppa!!! He has more than likely driven a fair old way to get to you.

At the end of the day, just relax and enjoy the morning off.

He will spend the first hour explaining what its all about and showing the forms he will be filling in, going through certs you have filled out, checking all your paperwork is in place etc etc.

Then you'll go to your 2 jobs and ask you to perform some tests, ask you a few questions.

As has been said many times before, he is not there to catch you out, just to make sure you are competent!

Good luck. It aint that bad.

Well,
I got through it,but I got a good grilling.
If youre gonna go do it,do your homework.
So now i'm classed as a self certified incontinent person!
cheers,kevin.

what kind of tests did you have to do mate?

what kind of questions did he ask you?

i got mine early next year

Tests were-

Zs at c unit,earth fault current at c unit,short circuit current at c unit,
functional testing of rcd.
Zs at sockets.
Also had to explain how to do continuity,insulation,and polarity.

questions included(cant remember all but),
what affects length of circuit?ie voltage drop,
where are rcd's reqd on sockets,
what bonding is reqd on bathrooms,
which building regs are relevant to electrics,
where to drill holes in joists,
disconnection times for rcd,
fuse ratings for different fuses,
c coefficients,
cable ratings. etc......

alot is to see you use the on site guide or regs.
As aob said,know the regs,how to test,and fill in forms,you're allright.

Blimey, that was a grilling!!

I took my assessor to a refurb i had recently done and the day we went there, they were moving in.

Needless to say the place was complete chaos so i did a quick Ze, full RCD test and that was that.

However, i did get a fair few questions on the new build we went to next!

Still, you are done now and can comply!

Reply to how tricky is the elecsa 1st inspection? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock