Search the forum,

Discuss How will the EU exit affect the 18th Edition? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tof99

-
Reaction score
I was just wondering how the Brexit will impact on the impending 18th? Will all the EN standards be removed? Will we go back to a pure BS only standards?

Interesting times!

BTW, I don't want to start a debate about the referendum result.....:38:
..just the regs!

IET will be celebrating in style. so much paperwork to do before the 18th. they'll need at least another 250 staff.( strange, that's approx.the number of MEPs now without jobs ).

Well I suppose you need to remember that (as far as I am aware) CENELEC is not connected - at least not directly - with the so-called "European Union".

The regulations are based on an international standard rather than European as far as I know, so unless we're going to vote to leave the planet I doubt much will change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The regulations are based on an international standard rather than European as far as I know, so unless we're going to vote to leave the planet I doubt much will change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If boris and trump get in power that might be the sensible option.

Given that the current Brexit timetable is up in the air and is expected to take a couple of years once article 50 is invoked we might be looking at 18th edition amd 3 before anything relating to Europe is reviewed in the regs

I don't think leaving the EU will affect the 18th edition much at all; like with most things I don't see this as a reason to have a bonfire of EU rule books and have to start again from scratch just out of principle.

Toff99 started the thread with an aim to get some good feedback, with all respect here just posting 'I don't care' etc adds nothing to the thread, everyones opinion is appreciated but to repeatedly play on this is disrespecting the OP, can we bring something to the table here or don't bother posting.

Reply to How will the EU exit affect the 18th Edition? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net