Discuss humidity regulator...relay in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

oldschool8604

Can someone help me wire this?

Basically, it is for a humidity control switch.

9 - NC
10 - COM
11 - NO

I have power to the unit. But now I need to connect it to my dehumidifier so it can be switched on and off by the relay depending on the humidity of the room.

humidity regulator...relay {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The controller is from Love Controls.

The service manual: http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/HS_iom.pdf

I am not an electrician...I'm a biologist...so be nice about my stupidity.

Am presuming that the 'power' to the relay is coming from some sort of humidistat.

Think of the relay as being an electricaly operated switch and is switched on when power is applied to the coil. You need to switch the dehumidifier with the C and NO terminals.

If you think you could wire it up to a normal switch , then just use the relay instead.

Failing that, GET A SPARK TO DO IT, and get back to your lab and cut some more rats up, or whatever it is you do.

Hahaha ok ok I'll go back to the rats. I've got an electrician for the rest of the place I just didn't want to bother him. I'm going to ask him now. Thanks for your help.

Am presuming that the 'power' to the relay is coming from some sort of humidistat.

Think of the relay as being an electricaly operated switch and is switched on when power is applied to the coil. You need to switch the dehumidifier with the C and NO terminals.

If you think you could wire it up to a normal switch , then just use the relay instead.

Failing that, GET A SPARK TO DO IT, and get back to your lab and cut some more rats up, or whatever it is you do.

I assume the controller is in an enclosure housing a relay/contactor for controlling the dehumidifier, you will need to find out the coil voltage and run a protected feed to terminal 10 and connect terminal 11 (assuming you will set up the controller using normally open contacts) to A1 of the coil of the relay/contactor, you will then have to supply the A2 of the coil with either a permanent neutral or negative.

obviously the feed for the dehumidifier will switch via the relay/contactor with the coil controlled via the humidity controller.

That is all based on assumption of the setup, can you give more details please

A quick look: it depends if you want run or fall of humi
If you want run on rise term n/c if you want fall term n/o.
I'm assuming your unit is not greater than 8 amps @230v (thats all the relay can handle)

If the above is correct, then it's a simple matter of the relay providing a supply to the said unit. If your unit is greater than 8 amps, then you will need to use a contactor....
As Mr Darwin said, if you cannot adapt then the gene will become extinct..sorry couldn't resistor it..:)

I would have thought the controller contacts would be used to supply a coil voltage to run the dehumidifier via a contactor/control relay etc.

Reply to humidity regulator...relay in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock