Discuss I need advice in what to do next after college in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 20 and have finish college course about 3 months ago. Having completing my C&G 8202-30 Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Electrical Installation (Tecbac) (601/7307/5) and getting a Distinction I just stop doing anything.

The pandemic gave me a bad time that getting out of bed was exhorting, it got worse when family member died in anther country. My mother and sister help me stay focus on studying and completing assignments, without their support I wouldn't have pasted my course. Since my mental health recovery I applied for a adult Trainee card but it is say that it has Invalid Occupation & Grading Choices and it is Missing Certificates. I did not do an apprenticeship nor have any experience in the field.

I really need advice for what I need to do next as currently I'm at a lost.

You need to gain experience on site with an electrician before going any further. Qualifications are meaningless without actual on site experience. start applying for jobs.
city and guilds level 3 is an ok start, but you really need nvq level 3. And you can’t get that unless you are in employment on the tools.

Hi, I'm 20 and have finish college course about 3 months ago. Having completing my C&G 8202-30 Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Electrical Installation (Tecbac) (601/7307/5) and getting a Distinction I just stop doing anything.

The pandemic gave me a bad time that getting out of bed was exhorting, it got worse when family member died in anther country. My mother and sister help me stay focus on studying and completing assignments, without their support I wouldn't have pasted my course. Since my mental health recovery I applied for a adult Trainee card but it is say that it has Invalid Occupation & Grading Choices and it is Missing Certificates. I did not do an apprenticeship nor have any experience in the field.

I really need advice for what I need to do next as currently I'm at a lost.
Well done for completing the technical qualification in difficult circumstances.

Please look for work experience or an apprenticeship. If you can't find an apprenticeship then you can alternatively do the NVQ as a standalone then the AM2, as the previous poster rightly said you need to capture evidence as you develop skills in the workplace either way.

When you have an employer they can put you on an apprenticeship. The duration is reduced to account for your existing qualification. The apprenticeship is funded by the government or through the employer's incentive and there is a £3000 incentive available for the employer until end January.

You can search for an apprenticeship at Enable cookies - Find an apprenticeship - https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch or look for local providers here Training providers for Installation electrician and maintenance electrician (level 3) - https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/courses/5/providers.

Once you have an employer's sponsorship and have your next qualification registration sorted you can obtain a Trainee Stage 3 card https://www.ecscard.org.uk/card-types/apprentices-and-trainees/trainee-electrician or your employer can ask ECS for a pre-apprentice card.

Good luck with your journey.

Reply to I need advice in what to do next after college in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock