Discuss I thought they were history in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ok
But please explain then when John Smith died why didn't Margaret Beckett as deputy pm become pm ? She was made deputy so Labour could say look at us we have women too then when it came to the crunch she was shoved back

Yes, Milliband filled his front bench with women as a gimmick. Labour artificially inflated their count of females with 'women-only shortlists' instead of putting forward candidates based on merit. There has never been a female party leader though, and there isn't likely to be either; it's like the left's stance on immigration - 'they can have jobs as long as they're not after my job'.
they haven't picked a lady leader because one has not stood out as a leader of yet, the Filthy right wingers have only had one female leader to date from memory so whats your point?

Last edited by a moderator:
they didn't make margaret beckett PM because they could not afford the claims from the press for cracked camera lenses.

they didn't make margaret beckett PM because they could not afford the claims from the press for cracked camera lenses.
Yes agreed, she wasn't the best looking LOL, mind you there isn't many that are, one or two who are pretty attractive, from the labour side of course, I don't think the tories have many women in their party.

Why get abusive ?
Why wasn't Margaret made pm ?

Are you really this incapable to find out information in this day and age?

She became party leader after Smith's death (when they were the opposition!!!) then came 3rd in the subsequent leadership election behind Prescott and Bliar.

But she as deputy should have just walked into the job. No leadership elections she was the deputy leader . Just shows she was there to get the female vote well try to get the female vote

they haven't picked a lady leader because one has not stood out as a leader of yet, the Filthy right wingers have only had one female leader to date from memory so whats your point?
It's not my point, it's Milliband's point - he's the one who lined up a load of women on his front bench and said "I've got more women on my front bench than you", seemingly forgetting the Conservatives are the ones who have had more women in the top job. If giving women top jobs is so important to him why doesn't he stand down so a woman can take his job?

Now what was your point about IDS wanting to tax the benefits of the rich to give to the poor?

"prisons nowhere near as harsh and unforgiving as it should be"
You know this how exactly?

3 family members who are in and out of prison and have been for pretty much all of their adult lives, not experienced them myself and don't really plan to either but between those 3 and a couple of lads I grew up with that have been inside aswell I've heard more than enough to make my mind up

"compensation for attacks while in prison is a joke" if society puts them there then they should kept safe otherwise we're no better than Stalinist Russia.

They put themselves there when they committed a crime, in the case of sex offenders, child abusers, murderers and rapists why should they be kept safe, they should live out their miserable lives in constant fear and pain

" being able to have access to education that would cost thousands for a normal tax payer" Being poorly educated is often the reason people end up there. Rehabilitation has to be part of the system.

The education services should be striving not to fail them before they are in a position to turn to crime, rehabilitation or not a lot of criminals turn straight back to crime as soon as they are let out so it's clearly not working that well on the inside either

"beaten, tortured and abused" Yes, let's join that exclusive club of countries which have no regard for human rights tomorrow, the government want us to anyway so we may as well. Which human right do you want rid of first?
The right to vote?
The right to freedom from arrest without just cause?
How about the right to a fair and open trial?
Or freedom of belief?
The right to criticise the government?

I don't want rid of any human rights trev I just want our country to have a say on them (without Europe sticking their noses in)and common sense to be applied when using them, you can't tell me you agree with the countless scumbags who abuse them on a daily basis to get away with all sorts and cause suffering and misery to innocent people

We should be making this country work for the average working man not letting all the scum thrive and prosper and get an easy ride if they do actually get punished

"I don't want rid of any human rights trev I just want our country to have a say on them (without Europe sticking their noses in)and common sense to be applied when using them,"

Common sense is applied mate. It's a right wing myth that we are not allowed a say in our own criminal law and the sentencing that goes with it. Many times our own Supreme Court has told the government that they are acting illegally, what is the problem with that? One of the benefits of living in a democracy with an independent judiciary is that the government are kept in check by that system. If they enact a law and then act against it who else is able to stop them?
One of the benefits of our being a signatory to the ECHR is that when the government decide to ignore our Supreme Court there is another layer of inspection, sometimes they uphold the Supreme Court sometimes they strike their decisions down. It's only when they act against the government because they're acting illegally that any fuss is kicked up about it and it's always that government who throw their toys out of the pram aided and abetted by a certain section of the press.

Reply to I thought they were history in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock