Discuss I thought they were history in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

.......So your saying there is no crime heinous enough that would warrant the death penalty in your view
War criminal a person like Adolf eichmann
A serial killer ,
I do think there are some crimes that do deserve the death penalty but as you say would innocent people be killed ! ! !
You're asking my personal opinion of whether the death penalty is a fitting punishment? This has nothing in common with the question of whether it should be introduced.

I've already stated I think it shouldn't be introduced because of the sheer volume of innocent people convicted.

If you want my opinion on whether I'd personally like to see perpetrators of heinous crimes executed then yes, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I also wouldn't have a problem with them having various internal and external body parts surgically removed and force fed to them beforehand but this would only be at a time when the justice system is foolproof which is never which means I'd still never advocate the death penalty.

It's a hard decision but with modern forensics etc I would say the odds are getting better on correct convictions
Modern forensics don't seem to be reducing the figure as I mentioned in this post. http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...-thought-they-were-history-3.html#post1011838

Last edited:
You're asking my personal opinion of whether the death penalty is a fitting punishment? This has nothing in common with the question of whether it should be introduced.

I've already stated I think it shouldn't be introduced because of the sheer volume of innocent people convicted.

If you want my opinion on whether I'd personally like to see perpetrators of heinous crimes executed then yes, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I also wouldn't have a problem with them having various internal and external body parts surgically removed and force fed to them beforehand but this would only be at a time when the justice system is foolproof which is never which means I'd still never advocate the death penalty.

Modern forensics don't seem to be reducing the figure as I mentioned in this post. http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...-thought-they-were-history-3.html#post1011838
i will be honest marvo the biggest problem i have is them letting the murderes out they are only sentenced to 25 years and out early if they behave themselfs!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i will be honest marvo the biggest problem i have is them letting the murderes out they are only sentenced to 25 years and out early if they behave themselfs!!!!
But in the 15 years they might serve they're supposed to be rehabilitated into a person that can be reintegrated into society. If they're not then the correctional services aren't doing their job

It's not just the case for murderers though Shanky. All prison inmates get remission for good behaviour, I think it should be the other way round. You'll serve all your sentence but if you act up you'll get time added on.

classing all Immigration as scroungers and the government winding people up about it, and now the death penalty, we as a nation need to move forward into the 21st century, not back to the 15th.

trev the problem with 'human rights' is that they never seem to benefit the people who most need them, and always seem to be exploited by those who know how to play the system, ie those who are least deserving of them.
Take Abu Qatada - he was a nuisance. An expensive nuisance. He claimed to hate this country yet wouldn't leave. Him and his family were claiming a fortune in benefits yet not only not contributing but trying to bring down the country that was supporting him. Meanwhile decent, hard-working people get short-changed by the system and are left to struggle.
It's the same with the benefits system - people work their whole lives paying into the system, then when they come to need some help in return they're told they're on their own, meanwhile the likes of Peter Rolfe are there shaping their lifestyle around milking as much out of the system as possible.

Nobody is against helping the poor and needy, but giving to anyone who holds out their hand is an unsustainable model. Often the most deserving are those too proud to ask for help.

Why you don't see the human rights act working for the people who need them is that it sits quietly in the background until someone needs it just saying "naughty naughty" to the government and their various agencies.
You would notice it if it were gone trust me, it would leave us all open to any abuse that any government decided to throw at us.
Theresa May stood up at the tory conference last year banging on about how one particulatr miscreant couldn't be deported, her exact words- "I'm not making this up, because he had a cat"
The only problem with that is that she did make it up, so if a senior minister is prepared to lie to her own conference and to the electorate what else is she prepared to do?

Yes lots of old age pensioners are to proud to claim what is rightfully theirs it seems . Will wait 6 months for a hospital appointment with no moans

Why you don't see the human rights act working for the people who need them is that it sits quietly in the background until someone needs it just saying "naughty naughty" to the government and their various agencies.
You would notice it if it were gone trust me, it would leave us all open to any abuse that any government decided to throw at us.
Theresa May stood up at the tory conference last year banging on about how one particulatr miscreant couldn't be deported, her exact words- "I'm not making this up, because he had a cat"
The only problem with that is that she did make it up, so if a senior minister is prepared to lie to her own conference and to the electorate what else is she prepared to do?
How do you know it was made up as I remember that

She is my next bet at the leader of the Tory party, I really believe she can become their leader, just like thatcher except even uglier lol

I view the human rights act in a similar way to unions, and to a degree the police - you put up with their minor shortcomings and pay your dues every month just in case you need them, then when you do need them they turn round and say there's nothing they can do.

At least the Tories accept women leaders when John Smith died Margaret Beckett should have become the prime minister
It seems the Labour party is sexist

What's your point?
'The rich' don't suddenly need benefits just because they suffer a disability or get old.
It's like Alan Sugar getting a state pension and cold weather payments - he doesn't need it, doesn't want it, and the money would be better spent on other things, or redistributed to those who really do need it.
I thought the left wing ideal was supposed to be taxing the rich to help the poor, well it seems this is exactly what IDS wants to do.

Yes, Milliband filled his front bench with women as a gimmick. Labour artificially inflated their count of females with 'women-only shortlists' instead of putting forward candidates based on merit. There has never been a female party leader though, and there isn't likely to be either; it's like the left's stance on immigration - 'they can have jobs as long as they're not after my job'.

Reply to I thought they were history in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock