CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss IET Students guide? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello,

I was wondering what is the difference "in content" between the IET Electricians Guide to the Regs. and a Student's Guide?

I'd look it up myself but can not get a physical copy and I am not keen on forking out 20 GBP

Thanks guys!

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
I've been eyeing the Student version but I already the BBB and OSG, from what I've read it's not as intensive as the OSG and 'friendlier' with more graphics etc.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hello,

I was wondering what is the difference "in content" between the IET Electricians Guide to the Regs. and a Student's Guide?

I'd look it up myself but can not get a physical copy and I am not keen on forking out 20 GBP

Thanks guys!
student version has pictures and comes with Rizlas.:p:p:p

JAWS

-
Trainee
Hello,

Thanks guys!
I have the students guide and its very good indeed. Sometimes you read the BS7671 & you think what does that mean, yet the Students guide explains it in a much simpler version.

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
Cheeky I know but any chance of a pics of inside? It's a shame Amazon/Google don't give you preview snippets on these

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you everyone for the opinions :)

I think we can wrap this thread up.
Cheers

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
Mine arrived today, I've taken the liberty of snapping excerpts so if you're on the fence about buying it, here's a preview (can only attach 10 images at once...);

IMG_20190727_173654.jpgIMG_20190727_173654.jpgIMG_20190727_173709.jpgIMG_20190727_173719.jpgIMG_20190727_173739.jpgIMG_20190727_173729.jpgIMG_20190727_173750.jpgIMG_20190727_173828.jpgIMG_20190727_173835.jpgIMG_20190727_173808.jpg

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
I've taken the liberty of snapping excerpts from the Student Guide, I've given an excerpt or 2 from each section so you can get an idea what's in the book, there's more pages than I have posted but I hope this helps those thinking of getting it.

@Trainees hope this helps you. Mods if this isn't allowed feel free to delete

ackbarthestar

-
Mentor
Arms
Looks like a collection of first year illustrations ... perfect for somebody entering the trade and might be useful for allied trades such as Gas fitters...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've taken the liberty of snapping excerpts from the Student Guide, I've given an excerpt or 2 from each section so you can get an idea what's in the book, there's more pages than I have posted but I hope this helps those thinking of getting it.

@Trainees hope this helps you. Mods if this isn't allowed feel free to delete
That is fantastic!
Thank you very much for that. I think a showcase like that will help anyone in deciding to buy it. Thanks again - way beyond the call of duty and much appreciated :).

Cheers,

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to IET Students guide? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom