Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Immersion heater in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Where would be the best place to put an immersion heater switch. Am working on a bungalow, where the cylinder is being repositioned in the loft. I usually have the immersion switch in the airing cupboard, but am unsure in this case. Is it acceptable to put the unsightly switch above a doorway??? to the utility for example, or should i put it near the boiler itself, which will be in the hallway??? Thanks all.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
P

Paul_Rawlinson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You could out one within easy access for the customer. But you will need to put one in loft next to Immerson Heater for local isolation aswell (Fpr when somebody someone works on it)

J

johnnyb

Like paul said, u need one nr imm/htr for local isolation, but we "if practical " also put one in the kitchen as well.

Y

YTSOxford

Cheers guys. So if I have the feed run to a 20 amp switch in the utility then run the cable up to another 20 amp switch next to the cylinder that should sort the local isolation, right..? cheers all

J

johnnyb

got in one

Reply to Immersion heater in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom