Discuss Impact Threader in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sintra

Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you tried the new threaders for 20 & 25 mm galv conduit that fits on to an impact driver?

Looks nice and quick and easy, but also looks like it's going to severely shorten the lifespan of a battery impact driver.

No but That looks like it may be worth a purchase, could have done with that last year, I had 150 lengths of the bugger to install and thread by hand.

No but That looks like it may be worth a purchase, could have done with that last year, I had 150 lengths of the bugger to install and thread by hand.

Whaaaat ? You didn't hire an electric threader for a job of that size ? I bet your arms looked just like your avatar's when you'd finished.

I did think about hiring one but it was summertime so it was a nice outside job.

Don't mind me while I bump some old threads. Just doing the rounds. Ignore the thread if it's not current topic, it'll soon drop off the list, but if the thread interests you, feel free to reply. :)

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd comment in case anyone was curious.

I've recently started using steel conduit so thought I'd try out this accessory and tbf it's quite good, does exactly what you'd expect it to do. Although I still have a set of stock and dies, it was really cold a few days back so decided to use this as opposed to doing it manually. Not sure I'd use it all the time, just get a feeling it somehow shortens the life of the impact driver (I may be wrong though)

i think id use this for occasion bits of pipe where i sent off somewhere, on a big job though we get the rems machine out. company only forked out for them a year ago, served my whole apprenticeship threading pipe, tell you what now though, you don't mind sticking a runner in or making your own nipples.

Reply to Impact Threader in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock