Discuss In-line duct fan run continuously in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

chronyx

Evening all, I have just had a change an in-line duct fan after a week as the circuit board seems to have failed.

I can only assume the motor is still fine. It is feasible that other types of fan may run all day (Frequently used toilet, etc) and don't seem to fail often.

It is set to run for 8 hours a day and as far as I was aware, continuous running is generally better for motors rather than constant stop/start.

I don't have the brand/model to hand unfortunately so, in general, is this suitable use for such a fan?

Thank you!

Motors generally have a duty rating stated on them. It should say something like 'continuous duty' on the info plate although sometimes they just state the IEC 'S-Code'.

You're welcome Chronyx.

If the info plate on the motor or fan doesn't have a duty rating (or an IEC S-Code) you'll need to refer to the set up instructions booklet or the manufacturers website. If you still draw a blank in those places you'll have to speak to the wholesaler where you purchased it from.

Good luck :)

It just occurred to me that the UK regs could have their own duty cycle codes that are different to the IEC in which case to be BS compliant they'd use them instead. I'm not well up on the UK regs so maybe one of the locals can clarify for you.

Reply to In-line duct fan run continuously in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock