Currently reading:
Income Tax Returns

Discuss Income Tax Returns in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

That'll be class 4 not class 2. Class 2 are voluntary, class 4 are income based (8%) of TAXABLE income which occurs AFTER allowances (£7400 ish) and deductibles (car/ van, tools etc).

Yep apologies I have the figures as you mentioned on my spread sheet I should have checked the correct ammount before I went to press

i had one orf those software packages frfom the bank. about as much use as a fart in a thunderstorm. tried it out and it took 50 times longer to enter anything than it did with pen and accounts book ( simplex D)

I spent a tenner on a spreadsheet accounts from diy accounting I use 3 spread sheets and because I am a sole trader I zero the VAT part spread sheets are
Sales this records my milage and sales plus itemises my work A for independant and B for letting agent this tells me at a glance where my income is coming from it also give me a running total.
Purchases This records and itemises all purchases ie materials telephone stationary
Banking does what it says on the tin

I just use the same spreadsheets from year to year I have also made up a running total spreadsheet that I fill in every month also I fill these sheets in every day and place all receipts in a folder and they are all in order for easy reference I also back them up every other week to a memory stick as after working with PCs for 26 years I still do not trust them

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do a fair few jobs as a CIS subcontractor and then a fair few as a "main contractor" ie no CIS. Then with the right accountant you should be a fairly happy man come January. Mine is worth his weight in gold

You need to pay tax up front (CIS) to be able to claim anything back.If your all invoices, you'll just be adding another £500 receipt to your collection.

Reply to Income Tax Returns in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock