Discuss Installing a 100 amp Subpanel in garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

JasRam

DIY
Reaction score
Hello All, Just looking for a bit of advice on the diagram I have laid out for adding a 100 amp subpanel coming from my 200 amp main. This will be going to an attached garage that requires about 45 feet of wire. The garage is drywalled, so I will be using conduit over the existing drywall, as I don't mind how that looks. Sorry for the rough drawing. Does the drawing look accurate, of would you approach this in another way?subpaneldia.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All, Just looking for a bit of advice on the diagram I have laid out for adding a 100 amp subpanel coming from my 200 amp main. This will be going to an attached garage that requires about 45 feet of wire. The garage is drywalled, so I will be using conduit over the existing drywall, as I don't mind how that looks. Sorry for the rough drawing. Does the drawing look accurate, of would you approach this in another way?View attachment 100391
Your sub panel needs to have a neutral bar which should come already installed and a separate ground bar which usually you have to install. It looks like that you have a main lug only panel which is fine with a 100 amp breaker feeding it. You must keep your neutrals separate from your equipment grounds.

Reply to Installing a 100 amp Subpanel in garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I want to make some electrical upgrades to my detached garage. I want to update the subpanel in the detached garage, and I want to add a 240V...
Replies
Views
I am adding a 60 AMP subpanel for a detached garage/workshop with a 200 foot underground conduit run from the main panel to the sub panel...
Replies
Views
I would like to ask advice on a breaker size. Back in 2001 I turned my garage into a woodworking shop with several 240v machines. To power them I...
Replies
Views
Hi, new member here with a question. I am adding a 100 amp subpanel to my 200 amp main panel. They are next to each other and recessed in wall...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I bought a big garage that I’m going to subdivide and rent out. I am going to hire an electrician to do all work. This is not a DIY...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock