Discuss installing a headphone socket on monitor in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rickygina

I have a monitor in which i want it to have a headphone socket.

does anyone have any idea how i would go about doing this?

I know i could quite easily wire a socket to its original monitor speakers but i wasnt sure if the volume through the headphones would come out as they should do or be quieter or just stupidly loud.

I preferably want to keep the monitor speakers as they are without disturbing them.

I would also like it so once a headphone is plugged in sound stops coming out of the monitor speakers.

I am using my monitor as a tv in the bedroom with games console and skytv on it.

Main reason for wanting this change is the sound keeps being knocked off the speakers, sometimes it will only play through the right speaker sometimes the left and sometimes both, it really has a mind of its own and decides which speaker and when it wants sound to come out. Nothing is wrong with the speakers as i have attached another pair on them and the problem occurs still.

Thanks for reading all.

I sincerly hope I have put this in the correct place otherwise im sorry, please redirect me to where.

Reply to installing a headphone socket on monitor in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
Firstly, I hope it is ok to discuss the wiring of speakers here. TBH my ignorance in all things electrical knows no bounds, and I am guessing it...
Replies
Views
Hello I notice a strange intermittent noise which seems to come through the party wall of my neighbour. It appears to originate from their...
Replies
Views
2nd fixing some sockets in an office today and we were talking about high integrity earthing, I've not got a clue what the sockets are going to...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock