Discuss Installing fibre from external man hole to inside building in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I currently have a large project coming up in which my company has asked me to install fibre into several buildings from external man holes, which will be dug out and installed by contractors. My intention on most is to come up the external wall using a security grade channelling from ground level to a desirable height for cable entry.
I am struggling to find a good solution as to how I can come from the man hole to the wall, and up the wall into the building, this is because the fibre and the usual ducting isn't very flexible. Is there anything on the market that could help me or anyone had this issue before?

What sort of fibre are you installing, what's the bend radius etc?

You could use conduit to get up the wall into either a conduit box or adaptable box then drill through the wall.

Reply to Installing fibre from external man hole to inside building in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

OK. I can already feel the eyes rolling I am working in a yard where we are having trouble with vandalism. There is absolutely no way of getting...
Replies
Views
So I had a ceiling repair done in my bathroom due to water damage. The neighbors toilet above me was leaking for who knows how long. Mold...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock