Discuss Interesting three way conversion to two way and swap for time lag. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ok just to stop all speculation I installed sensor lights and arranged a permanent live and blanked off all switches. Sorry if you found this frustrating. As I intimated you would get to the point that it can't be done as you do not have enough cables and you would have to think of something else. I did not want to say this as I thought maybe some trainees would try to work it out. But there you go. Oh and I did not say I got it working with master and slave. I just said I got it working and thought outside the box. I was trying not to say what I did do. Anyway there is no way to get the live up to sw. 2 and 3 with returns for both as there are not enough cables. Hence screw all the above just fit sensors. Unless you want to go and find the mythical junction box which believe me you would not want to given the possible location and circumstances.
You could of just used standard time lag switches and got it working.

Yes I agree you could get it working but that would be based on the premise that the yellow is the sw. return. Logic says it is but empirical evidence does not confirm that so bang test it is then and who cares where the red cable goes from sw. 1 common. (Joking!)

Reply to Interesting three way conversion to two way and swap for time lag. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone might find this a challenging puzzle - I'd be grateful for any help and sorry in advance for the lengthy description! I think...
Replies
Views
Having a bit of a nightmare with what should have been a simple job. Back in January I replaced some old Varilight dimmers which had failed after...
Replies
Views
Hello, I wanted to get an electrician to replace 3 x pneumatic time lag switches with electronic types. Currently there are 2 lights and 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping someone can help me with a lighting circuit challenge. I have an existing two gang switch, with one 2C&E cable for a simple circuit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock