• Thread starter Deleted member 112675
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 4K
  • Tags
    None

Currently reading:
Internal or external isolation switch for aircon

Discuss Internal or external isolation switch for aircon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 112675

Hello all.

Split aircon with an external and internal unit both needing power. It seems the external takes the power and then there is an onward (power and control) connection from the external to the internal.

My question is, is it ok to site the isolator inside close to the internal unit? That would mean if an issue occured with the outdoor unit, I would need to run inside through an external door to get to the switch. But if it is placed outdoors then the same issue occurs in reverse if the indoor unit starts smoking or something....

I'm ok either way but what would the regs say ?

For your nicebutDim benefit I double checked and yes it is the phrase used. "Circuit breaker".

Are you a qualified electrician or just someone who enjoys trolling? Asking lots of questions and providing zero help.

He is a well respected member who has helped many people in the past. Judging by your posts I think he made the right decision in this case.

For your nicebutDim benefit I double checked and yes it is the phrase used. "Circuit breaker".

Are you a qualified electrician or just someone who enjoys trolling? Asking lots of questions and providing zero help.
Be nice because it won't take much to ditch this thread.

I read back through some of their history and it was a series of similar threads, each looking for affirmation of a specific view. Wasn't intending to start a row, but those old threads, combined with a number of conflicting reasons for refusing to employ tradespeople, didn't sit well with me.

Reply to Internal or external isolation switch for aircon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock