Search the forum,

Discuss is it getting any better out there in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Peter Woodford

guys

have been trying to go out on my own for the last 2years, am now going into the 3rd year but am still working for someone else as it hasnt taken off that well. I am now considering if it doesnt pay off this year i will give up trying is anybody in the same boat. Have spent so much on advertising and this hasnt worked what else do i need to do (domestic)

thanks

Hi Mate yep its tough. Ive been on my own since Nov last year. It will get better. I take it your domestic? I dont know what part of the country your from I think its bad all over. Ive just started to get busier and busier- without advertising. Rumour has it that the housing market is gonna pick up after Easter so there will be work out there !!

Started on my own last July. From July till December had hardly anything, but since christmas work has picked up to a point where i'm busy all week.

Most of the work is coming from the local free paper advertising

Just keep at it mate, treat it as a fault, your get it in the end. I was quiet December as well, gotta expect that but now picking up. However still got to be careful on prices ?
Good luck fella --keep plugging at it ( no Pun intended )

Suggest you need to look at where your advertising and whats your marketplace? I started out on my own 2 years ago (made redundant) and I'm just looking to take on another spark. I did an email shot 2 weeks ago
and picked up a lighting refurb in a factory.

All my work has come from advertising.

Guess you'd recommend that then? Ive never done any apart from the free local Thompson.

Get on the internet and get yourself on all the free listing sites you can. the only downside is the sales calls you will get trying to sell you better advertising. But do what i do. Tell them you only take sales calls on friday afternoons between 5 and 5.30, and they have 30 seconds to pitch. they dont usually bother to ring back, and if they do just hang up after 30 seconds.

Hotfrog, gumtree, yell.com, moonfruit, are 4 to start with, there are loads more. But i am not giving all my secrets away.

Cheers...........Howard

I agree, get yourself on as many websites as possible.

I downloaded a list of all NHBC registered builders In the local area,
checked to see if they had an email address on their website and dropped them an
email.

It's kept us working

Reply to is it getting any better out there in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net