Discuss Is LSF spec or regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

IAmSparkytus!

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can someone point out to me in the regs where it states that LSF is a must?

Been working with a sparky who asked why I was using LSF instead of standard PVC.

He said that the use of LSF is a spec thing and not a regulation - would he be correct?

Thanks all!

Isn't there a reg for LSF for particular install?

I've done a search for LSF in BS7671, OSG & EN60204 and it came up with no results.

On site it is insisted the LSF is used. I think it may be in building regs. It is somewhere written LSF to be used maybe in the Hobbit books just can't quite recall where it is recommended.

Generally LSF is a specification from the consultant in an install. Obviously as above (reg 711) for exhibitions etc, LSF makes sense, but I think there is not other requirement for it
My only requirement for the manufacturers, is to make one that actually strips half as easily as pvc................ horrible stuff, especially this time of year

But going back to that regulation that Spoon managed to find, are we saying that you literally only need to install lsf by law if there are no fire alarms in place?

Fit a fire alarm and you're covered basically (unless you're told the client wants lsf that is).

And what was the bespoke stripping tool? I'm intrigued. Lsf isn't too hard to strip that someone had to invent a took specifically for it surely o_O

Is LSF spec or regs? upload_2019-3-2_9-48-50 - EletriciansForums.net
422.3.201. Another reg that mentions low smoke.

And what was the bespoke stripping tool? I'm intrigued. Lsf isn't too hard to strip that someone had to invent a took specifically for it surely o_O

Can't remember the make, contractor got it from his wholesaler. Nothing special, removed the outer sheath, then second operation removed the inner insulation.

LSF is a tw4t to strip using the sidecutters pulling the cpc out method.. my preference is a stanley knife to score down the sheath first.

Reply to Is LSF spec or regs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock