Discuss Is NIC really the best to go for? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I dont hear much about Napit, I think i know 1 other spark on there books and he's talking about leaving..

I think im going to try elecsa when it comes to it.

thats why i went nic, was in wholesaler today, i gott fill in the 2 certs for these 2 jobs im being assesed on, .....they had sector<senate own brand> electrical installation certificates and part p certificates,,,,eh? help gather 1 major, 1 minor, got software to print nic ones but thought id be impartial on my initial ones, guys in shop behind counter not sure what what!

It all depends of what you want out of the scheme memberships, NICEIC have been around for 50 years but doesn't make them the best because of it. Oh and by the way, they let you know it as well through their fee's!

After all its the members that make up the scheme. You should chose a scheme thats going to be right for your business (as top priority) and in the process make a commercial decision on what level are you prepared to pay for going to work, because if you want to self certify under Part P then one of the schemes is going to get your hard earn cash either way.

If you are going to work in a domestic enviroment, most customers probably won't know about any of the schemes let alone Part P of the building regulations.

As far as the customer is concerned all the schemes are government approved and therefore shouldn't make any difference which heading there is on the certificates they recieve. And just because it has XYZ on the top of the paperwork doesn't change the qualifications you have acheived as a qualified spark.

All schemes will have their good and bad sparks.

Reply to Is NIC really the best to go for? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock