Discuss Is Part 'P' enforceable? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Des
Allthough in essance i agree with you that there are too many chancers and jokers out there that can and do carry out ---- work. there are also a lot of very good electricians that are not registered d
Oh the arguments i have have with thickos its all good fun especially when they try telling me that a 2 miniute Part P qualified numpty is going to have to inspect a 30 year qualified electrical engineer with test and inspection 16th, 17th & 18th edition SAP qualified and HND in electrical engineering's work. Me thinks not.

Andrew I completely agree,please read my post No 9 in this thread

Just for information In France the owner of a property for sale or to let has a legal obligation to supply a diagnostic check for various things in the property and this includes electrics, this is almost an equivalent to a periodic inspection, would be nice to have this introduced in the UK it would solve the lost certificate scenario.

We (sort of) had that here for a short time. Remember Home Information Packs ?
However, anecdotally the electrical section of a home survey tends to have a get out clause of "it's recommended that the electrics are inspected by a qualified electrician".
Part of the problem is that a seller wants a "good report" for the lowest price they can get it for. So as a buyer you won't get an EICR from a good sparky paid to do it properly :rolleyes:

Yes I do remember them, additionally the CDM Regulations which apply to domestic qualifying work under the latest revisions of the regs, have the legal requirement for a Health and Safety file to be compiled during the project and issued at the end, this should contain any certificates for the building, unfortunately the file would not be put together if a Health and Safety Co-ordinator was not appointed, or the project did not qualify.

Yes I do remember them, additionally the CDM Regulations which apply to domestic qualifying work under the latest revisions of the regs, have the legal requirement for a Health and Safety file to be compiled during the project and issued at the end, this should contain any certificates for the building, unfortunately the file would not be put together if a Health and Safety Co-ordinator was not appointed, or the project did not qualify.
While since I did them, I have an app on my phone, but can’t recall where CDM didn’t apply for any contractor?

CDM did not apply to Domestic work when first introduced, unless that work was over 30 days.

Reply to Is Part 'P' enforceable? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock