NAPIT Certification Scheme Is there a yearly NAPIT assessment?

Discuss Is there a yearly NAPIT assessment? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi folks, been with NAPIT the last year, recently had an email saying my membership is due for renewal and the money would be taken soon, but no mention of a 2nd assessment in ANY email they have sent me reminding me of it.

Is there a yearly assessment and will my NAPIT be struck off if I dont call them to book?

Cheers

I didn't get assessed this year. They took the fee in October 2022 and said they would visit within 4 months. They didn't. I wont be reminding them.

Just wait out for it, you’ll get a call off your assessor at some point. I’ve been over 18 months between assessments before.

I have heard some sparks go near 2 years between visits

As above wait long enough and they will contact you eventually

I have had an assessment appointment in March cancelled and moved to April. They told me that as the assessor is now doing three assessments per day my assessment will be a shortened version! I wonder if they note your competence when they first see you and accept that you really are OK and the annual assessment is just a formality/money making project.
I mean most times with STROMA and Napit and NICEIC (brief period with them) YOu just kinda know they look at your methods and work and clearly see you are competent and ok to pass. Especially when they come out with some of the assessees stories, like "One asked if he could google it, when I asked him to do a Ze" said the assessor! I mean with people like that they must be able to make a note somewhere between the clearly OK and the doubtful. Obviously they are overwhelmed with assessments is my opinion.

I think the reality is if you pass your initial assessment to join a Scam then in reality you tick the box. Why you need a fresh assessment ( site visit ) every 12-18 months is a bit pointless. I guess they do it simply to justify their £500 annual fee and keep the assessor in a Job?
Once in a Scam perhaps should get a site visit every 5 years just to make sure your work hasn't gone down the pan

I did wonder when I was in a Scheme, what changed from one year to the next. However, thats what this thing is all about, supposedly verifying someones competency. They get their money, and they should be doing the job they were tasked to do, and protecting the domestic consumer.

I had yearly assessments with the same assessor with stroma every year from about 2015 to 2019, and since they merged with NAPIT I've never been assessed?
in 2020 they said it would be cancelled which is understandable as there were lockdowns , but I expected by now they would resume as normal?

Reply to Is there a yearly NAPIT assessment? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net