Discuss Is there any software available in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

johnc86

I am currently studying for an Electro technical Technology Certificate (level 3).

I have leaned how to do some lighting and non lighting circuits and installing Cu's etc, both in a workshop on a board at first.

What I would like is to have something to help me recap how to do the various circuits over and over at home and I remember when I was in school there being software in science which would simulate organic chemistry experiments and so forth.

I was wondering if there is anything similar for people studying electrical courses where by there is simulation software which has various cables to select and various fixtures and fittings so you can make circuits and add various loads and various resistors to test if the circuit works and the loads are acceptable etc.

I know that there is nothing better than the real thing for learning, but this would be a useful tool for practicing things when you have time to kill.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Nope, sorry

the closest i know of is Crocdile Clips, which will let you practice theoretical circuits, but its more towards electronics really

Oh the good old crocodile clips! That reminds me of my electronics days... :)

Sorry I don't know of any other software that does what you are after.

Many Thanks

Leo

You could always make your own simulator by placing a CU on a board or garage wall and practice dressing the various cables in if that helps?

Cirrus,

that's what a lot of my domestic installer students do - either buy some bits, or scrounge old CU's etc getting ripped out and mount them on a board

helps as well when they start testing (for those that can get hold of a meter)

Actually i HAVE seen a free simulator on line

I rememebr it when i was prepping to teach the EAL course, must have found it through Google. It was quite basic, but yeah, theres one out there!!!!

aint as much fun as crocodile clips though. Remember many a happy hour building a driver circuit for a seven segment display using only NAND gates. All desiged using four variable Karnough maps.

And the bloody thing still went bang every time i switched it on. Learnt a lot about current limiting resistors from that:eek::eek:

Reply to Is there any software available in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock