Discuss Is this right or are they at it in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Myself and one of my colleagues from work were sent on a c&g 2377-22/32 pat testing course (3 day plus exam)and after completing same the class were informed that this was the practical part and someone would have to the management course to make ours valid. I don't get why this wasn't pointed out at time of booking as that could have been done as well and looks like I will be doing that one as same course but with an additional 2 hrs on it plus 10 extra questions in the exam.
So look like another 500mile round trip to the training centre my company use with all expenses paid and put up in a hotel while being paid double time as will have to be booked to tie in with my rest days on shift patern (don't mind that part as the draught beer in the hotel DOOM BAR is quite good) or are they at it

Must admit that if Doom Bar was the only ale present it would put me off. I like a good ale but Doom Bar is one of those ales that was once a locally produced Cornish ale that has now been taken over by a conglomerate. My local serves it as their main beer and I can’t stand it. Fortunately they usually have a better guest ale.

Thats the course they sent us on and to be honest I had a ball watching the joiners, janitors and the rest trying to do basic formulae as on the previous courses they had done nothing like this was covered. For me it was basically a jolly at companies expense but is the management course needed as most guys are doing this after an overview course as the other guy that went with me had been doing till that point.
I went over the paperwork he has been doing up till now and will be spending a bit of time sorting that out ( he failed the exam but has been doing our site pat testing for 3 years)

Must admit that if Doom Bar was the only ale present it would put me off. I like a good ale but Doom Bar is one of those ales that was once a locally produced Cornish ale that has now been taken over by a conglomerate. My local serves it as their main beer and I can’t stand it. Fortunately they usually have a better guest ale.
is there a bit on the forum to discuss beers ???

Do the management one if it’s being offered, it’s not particularly taxing, nothing to lose. Enjoy the Doom Bar ;) and the overtime.
Probably, it may be in the section where extending cables into consumer units is discussed. I haven’t found it yet as I’m focused on a bottle of Razor Back.

I prefer pale or golden ales......Wainwright’s is nice and refreshing, also like Wychwoods Hobgoblin Gold.
Aldi have some good ales at a good price, they also sell Rheinbacher German wheat beer which is good when poured properly into a chilled glass!
DoomBar is ok but I find it lies heavy on the stomach after a couple of pints!

If you like your ale try the Watercress Line Real Ale Train (RAT). Great evening travelling by steam drinking local Hampshire ales with curry and burgers etc also supplied. I’m sure there must be other similar set ups on preserved railway lines up and down the country.?

Keighley Worth Valley do a booze cruise, great stuff :)
Another good variation is the trans-pennine, start in Manc and get off at every station on the way to Huddersfield and have a pint, then repeat in other direction ... wrecked man, wrecked! :D:D:D

Reply to Is this right or are they at it in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net