Discuss Is this wireless receiver/switch suitable for a bathroom? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning all.

My customer wants to be able to switch an above basin cupboard light. This is in a bathroom. There is a 230V PL + N available, but unfortunately the light she has does not have a switch, hence trying to find switching options.

She is asking if this wireless receiver is suitable.
Figcoco™ Wireless Light Switch Receiver Kit - https://figcoco.co.uk/products/wireless-light-switch-receiver-kit?sku=18053632041160541522172717&gclid=CjwKCAjwi8iXBhBeEiwAKbUofbDwXMACAUmgNwf9qnH1UVV27bR8Mlslx-3WV5CpIvqJ2Ct8JNtOiRoCcGwQAvD_BwE

I have not fitted anything like this before and just wanted to air my thoughts/questions?

1. Is this set up ok for a bathroom (hidden in the basin cupboard)?
2. Can the switch be located in the bathroom, outside of the zones. I can't see why not as it is ELV.
3. Are there better options? Perhaps utilising the existing 230V and using this

Thanks all.

I've used Those on few occasions and they seems fine. Relatively small receiver so could hide it in light fitting itself if big enough. Ip66 rated switch so no problem for bathroom. Seems quite similar to one from your link

when we finally get to inventing sockets that don't require fixed wiring, we''ll all be on the dole.

Reply to Is this wireless receiver/switch suitable for a bathroom? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Bit confused about this. When a simple 4 pole isolater like this plastic wylex one, is rated at 100amp, does that mean, 100amp per phase? So it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has built an annex and their mother lives with them. Separate Board and all wired correctly. She want a separate meter now for...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hi there, (noob DIYer here!) Recently moved in and I have an inline extractor fan in my bathroom, which goes up into a crawl space in the loft...
Replies
Views
Let me say from the off that although I'm electrically competent I'll be getting a professional in to do the work. I just like to know the answers...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock