Discuss Issues fitting hive from danfoss controller in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope all had a good new year. I’m having a real issue fitting my hive system in my house I’m hoping someone can figure this out for me as I’m stumped( I should of become a sparky instead of a plumber!)

I have currently got a danfoss controller and valiant combi with a wired stat

I have 3 lots of cables coming in and I’m stumped as I’m not sure it was wired correctly as we have just got the house and it’s freezing !

I have pics but don’t know how to
Attach many thanks
Jake

Thanks 🙏 7494DDE0-ABF8-49E3-BB3D-77253B9AA47C.jpeg

Attachments

• B49748F9-483E-4AE5-845E-804B0C17F3D7.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 502B305F-D276-4082-AEFF-2C93EF9F5EC2.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DFD24922-5E92-4778-AA03-B2465D78A50E.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 900D5AF5-17CA-4B52-8233-AE0E1C9E7648.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 28
Is there a sticker on the back of the Danfoss programmer that you have pulled off. Like this maybe?
Also if you can find the model number for the boiler it might help.

1641131637837.png

Hi
I really appreciate your reply thank you , yep the danfoss has on … confusing a bit as prong 2. Is normally closed according to the back of danfoss but no cables were in the prongs? Unless prong 2/3 are connected?

I’ve eliminated one cable live, earth and neutral, just got to figure out the rest lol 😂
Thanks again .

Attachments

• 4822F224-3106-43C7-87DB-390165FEA253.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 15
  • F9FF521B-F4B2-4EDC-A42C-71826ECE7652.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 16
This may be a bit easier to show
The grey/ blue, black and brown and white round cable going to the boiler and the grey/brown, black/ blue and brown are flat grey cable going? Maybe to stay? I’m not sure?
Thanks again
Jake

Attachments

• F4720264-A3D2-4BD0-80F6-C366B6B006EA.jpeg
    441 KB · Views: 10
  • D8EE69BF-B08B-49A9-B7B2-DF5D91AE6D7D.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 7
That looks like an almighty mess.
Where is the spur that feeds the boiler? I'd be inclined to put the hive receiver at the boiler and ditch all other wiring. I'm confused as to why terminal 3 has any cables in it let alone 2, and why terminal 1 has 2 cables in it (unless one goes off to give the boiler a permanent live)

That looks like an almighty mess.
Where is the spur that feeds the boiler? I'd be inclined to put the hive receiver at the boiler and ditch all other wiring. I'm confused as to why terminal 3 has any cables in it let alone 2, and why terminal 1 has 2 cables in it (unless one goes off to give the boiler a permanent live)
Yep a mess is a understatement ! The spur (3a) is next to the boiler … this is around 2 ft from the spur

We purchased the house from the council which may explain it?

We have a wired stat in the hall which feeds back to this I suspect?

Re t3 I’m confused as you

I think I need to figure

Which are the wires for the valves ,
which are for the stat which I’m assuming I can disregard

The combi has a condensate pump under it which I’m not sure if that would have anything to do with a percent live?

We have a new born so gotta get this mess sorted as it’s way too cold at the moment
Many thanks
Jake

Hi no the heating is all off the one combi , re valves I mean in the boiler (always. Closed ,always open) on the controller cables thanks Jake :)

Think the third connector across on the control panel is common , this was bridged from t2-t3 ( by the picture not the numbers) so permanent live was bridged across to common where the black cable from the white flex comes from the boiler … it looks like the black cable on the common goes to the boiler board labels RT.

I’ve just never seen so many cables in such a small space lol 😂
Thanks
Jake

Ultimately, when the L and the RT at the boiler are connected, it calls for heat, so these two are what need connecting to the hive.
I would take the cover off the room stat, work out which cable that is, and set it aside. I'm expecting one leg of that to be in the unmarked terminal, so the old arrangement was a loop from the Danfoss to the room stat and back to the RT terminal.

Basically you need to end up with N and L from the spur, L bridged to 1 at the hive, and 3 at the hive returning to RT at the boiler.
Please verify that for yourself but that is my understanding from the Hive manual and the boiler manual.

Reply to Issues fitting hive from danfoss controller in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net