Discuss Ive booked the g59 course in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Petmor98

Hi all this is my first ever post so bare with.

I'm currently qualified to carry out the 'Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Photovoltaic Systems'. I understand this covers me up to 16A per phase.
So far I only have a few domestic installations under my belt and I have been approached about a commercial installation -but not exceeding 50kw (for now). I understand this falls under g59. But what about me?

Is G59 / 3 just an updated version of G59 / 2 ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: G59!! Am i qualified to do this?? please advise.

If you don't know, even by asking here, you shouldn't be doing it. MCS requires that yiou have the approriate skills and knowledge for the work that you carry out.

Buy yourself a copy of G59/3 and also download the guide from ENA, compare the test sheet results between the two standards, from say SMA, and you'll educate yourself on the matter.

Does anyone actually carry out any secondary injection tests on these relays??

A G59 course is not going to teach you how to install up to 50KW!

You need knowledge of normal electrical 3 phase installations and design. Along with the design of the Pv system. Without these two you won't be installing anything over 4kw!

Reply to Ive booked the g59 course in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock