Discuss James Dewane - Marketing for electricians in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

The say that there are only a few ways that this can happen following an unsubscribe…
  1. The person does not actually unsubscribe
  2. The person re-subscribes (visiting one of my websites)
  3. The Person is subscribed using multiple emails
Hi James,
Regarding point 2: How does this work? Are you saying that if anyone visits one of your websites they will get 'promotional emails'??

Regarding point 2: How does this work? Are you saying that if anyone visits one of your websites they will get 'promotional emails'??

I think what he means is, someone visits his websites and downloads some of his free content as you have to provide your email address.

Hi "Spoon"
If they visit the site and download any of my assets " Free Book,Video, Help Sheets etc" then yes they are added to a mailing list as shown interest.

The say that there are only a few ways that this can happen following an unsubscribe…

1. The person does not actually unsubscribe
  2. The person re-subscribes (visiting one of my websites)
  3. The Person is subscribed using multiple emails

On the unsubscribe page there are two buttons …

1. Unsubscribe
  2. Save
1. I unsusscribed 3 times in 2014
2. I have NEVER visited any of your websites
3. See 1 & 2 above

So

1. Yes - I have AGAIN

Therefore somebody MUST have harvested my details from somewhere again.

So as I believe its against the law to ignore my requests and ignoring them will only harm your business.

Looks like you might have to look into your emails James. Spamming people with emails is never a good thing and doesn't do your reputation any good... unless you want negative comments whenever someone mentions your name.

Looks like you might have to look into your emails James. Spamming people with emails is never a good thing and doesn't do your reputation any good... unless you want negative comments whenever someone mentions your name.

I agree and if I was intending to be Spammy I wouldn't be defending it here, you pay for a service and trust they get it right...

I agree and if I was intending to be Spammy I wouldn't be defending it here, you pay for a service and trust they get it right...

Hi mate. Spam emails are a pet hate of mine. Anyone who does it I will slate them whenever I can.
I hope your new mail server has got it right.

Reply to James Dewane - Marketing for electricians in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net