Discuss Just Been Reading....Amendment 1 Matters, Condition Reports in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

accordfire

Well, Mr Napit has been busy putting his guide together for the Professional Electrician magazine. It appears we may all soon be completing EICRs rather than PIRs.

Is the general consensus really that the change of name will mean more to recipients than the current title? Most of my customers seem well aware of what a PIR is, and what its purpose is. I should imagine, however, that domestic/residential customers perhaps do not.

That's part of a wider issue to me though - the whole notion of electricity in the house is still very much that if something is plugged in, and it works, what's the problem?

We can, I'm sure, all point to installations which have run for millennia without any real attempt at bonding, or without any "safety" devices such as RCDs or RCBOs. Many of us probably still come across BS3036 fuses.

A very quick read of the forums will highlight just how "ignorant" for want of a better term, the general public can be about electrical safety. It seems gas has, in general, done much better at educating the public as to the need for periodic inspection.

I think that while the name change may mean a little more to householders, more probably needs to be done. The simplest straw pole of all might reveal something interesting.......how many qualified electricians here have current PIRs on their own homes?

Frank Bertie goes on to write about the changes to the form, and some of the main things changing are that the front page is revised to include all relevant information on the first page, further info on the second page about supply characteristics, including some that was missing from the PIR altogether.

We will now have alphabetic sections for each reported piece of data - and changes to the way we report things too - the observation codes will change too.

The schedule forms are to change, and we can choose from a schedule for a single distribution board, and one for multiple DBs, in addition to completing the Intake and Associated circuits schedule.

What do you all think of this proposed change?

more paper work :D as if there was not enough. although the three codes may be better to understand as there is sometimes even between electricians some ambiguity of the present codes. the three seem to be a bit clearer. and the "does not conform to current regs" which always seemed a bit of a waste of time and left a bit of confusion

oh forgot too say, loads more books will be published to generate some more cash for all concerned.

HA - yup - can't beat a good amendment to rehash a few pages of book, and sell it all over again.

You can't imagine how gutted I was today at having to spend another £20 on an onsite guide, because one of our little tw....inkles lost his!

yeh and then you get all the guides off the schemes and software, certs, how to comply books, the list just goes on and on KERCHING :D
that osg took long enough to come out when the 17th came out i just hope the amended one comes through quicker this time

yeh and then you get all the guides off the schemes and software, certs, how to comply books, the list just goes on and on KERCHING :D
that osg took long enough to come out when the 17th came out i just hope the amended one comes through quicker this time

Indeed. It's one of the reason we don't use pre-printed certs any longer - we ran out a few months ago, and took a strategic decision to move to computer generated forms...good call I think, at this point. Tysoft have said they'll cover the upgrade to the new forms in the support package, so that's something.

But yeah, new BRB (BBB?), new OSG, new guidance notes, and no doubt they'll find a way to produce an "update" training course for it too lol!

I'm sticking with my own Very Professional bible.....if only, huh?

Ah well, not like I don't have enough to fork out for in a January anyway, with three birthdays, two of which are New Year's day, credit cards normally need four figure payments, and I suppose the damn staff will want paying too.

I'm going to end up getting nothing but a bag of humbugs at this rate I think lol.....

:D don`t even go there with birthdays. one 2 days after crimbo one 3 days after one new years day. mums feb dads march and then about 5 in august. grr i should have been a plumber :p:p

:D don`t even go there with birthdays. one 2 days after crimbo one 3 days after one new years day. mums feb dads march and then about 5 in august. grr i should have been a plumber :p:p

Lol! I know how that goes - 2 on the 1st Jan Her and Daughter No 3, 1 on 11th (mine but I still pay for it). Mum's mid Feb, brother mid March. April Daughter No1. May quiet, June, Son no1, July quiet, 3 pals, Aug -Son No2, Sept - Dad, Son no3, Her ma, step kid, Oct - Quiet, Nov - Uncle, Daughter no 2, Sis in Law 1, Her step dad, Dec - Sis in Law 2, Christmas.

Never a dull month, but how I long for May and October lol.....

they were the nephews and nieces :D i then have my other halfs in may and my daughter in aug. then my second daughter in october with mine and my brothers in november. no wonder im always skint :D
i have just told myself off for hijacking the thread :D

they were the nephews and nieces :D i then have my other halfs in may and my daughter in aug. then my second daughter in october with mine and my brothers in november. no wonder im always skint :D
i have just told myself off for hijacking the thread :D

Don't worry lol - I do that too - there isn't much difference between Amendment 1 and birthdays tho - all cost money!

:D your not wrong there. and also non compliance with the birthday list can land you in trouble
:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

LOL, knowing my lot, I'd probably rather take my chances with electrical non-compliance than birthday non-compliance. With four females and only two males in the house most of the time now, it ain't funny if you get it wrong......

yeyyyyyyyyyyy i am not alone. i have to suffer three females :D even the dogs female she even chunters at me when i walk through the door. then the mother in law but shes another story :D

yeyyyyyyyyyyy i am not alone. i have to suffer three females :D even the dogs female she even chunters at me when i walk through the door. then the mother in law but shes another story :D

If we're doing pets too - the guinea pigs are female, and screech continuously anytime I go near them.....food!

Mother in law.......SHUDDER.

Reply to Just Been Reading....Amendment 1 Matters, Condition Reports in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net