Discuss Kitchen Island Socket Outlets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Strima

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't do a lot of domestic however SWMBO has decided she wants the kitchen sorting out next year.

Part of the design is for a kitchen island and I'm looking at options for socket outlets. I don't really want any sockets at the end of units as the risk of kids snagging the cables etc are pretty high.

Anyone got any recommendations for pop up units, bearing in mind that this area will only be used for food prep so basically hand blenders and the like will be run from it.

Something with a decent IP rating as I don't want to be cleaning crumbs out of it every week!!!

I don't do a lot of domestic however SWMBO has decided she wants the kitchen sorting out next year.

Part of the design is for a kitchen island and I'm looking at options for socket outlets. I don't really want any sockets at the end of units as the risk of kids snagging the cables etc are pretty high.

Anyone got any recommendations for pop up units, bearing in mind that this area will only be used for food prep so basically hand blenders and the like will be run from it.

Something with a decent IP rating as I don't want to be cleaning crumbs out of it every week!!!
Have a look at these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...qmt=p&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_86knziuxaf_b

Kitchen Island Socket Outlets {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I would avoid pop up units ...................

And if you choose to locate them on the units don't fit them so high that USB adaptors or chargers can't fit.

must be to fit alcatraz in the middle.

I would go for a backflip socket rather than a pop up.

I thought that you guys didn't like the pop-up sockets, as they are rubbish.

I've done a few island units with sockets. Installed some on the ends, using a Click CMA091 spacer pattress (only suitable for one cable) or MK K2133. Installed some inside the units (much 'cos customers feared the same with kids). Removed a few 'pop ups'.

Didn't know about those back flip things, although I hope they have a suitable IP rating, after last nights incident with a tumbler of sherry. Ever seen a grown man, licking a work top clean, with his tongue :(

If anyone has any better options then I'm all ears, except for my toes, their still my toes...

Strima, please don't install it like that you get proper recessed kits/box
What's wrong with a load of Mastic???

Kitchen is costing me £20k so far, I'm not going to bodge it by doing something stupid.

Worktops are going to be granite so minimal cutting would be best hence my logic of using pop up socket outlets.

Anyone used Knightsbridge stuff before?

Reply to Kitchen Island Socket Outlets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock