Discuss Labour Manifesto in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm worried about the proposal to build a million new council houses a week, or whatever they said...
Who is going to build them?
Will they be built to a very low budget?
Do we even have enough builders for this?
Will BC check them all?
Will BC allow even lower standards so they can be kept within budget?
Will I, as a non-electrician, get the contract for wiring them, cos I will be much cheaper than you proper sparks?
Seriously, I can't believe there are enough qualified electricians out there to support such a proposed building campaign, so who will wire all these new houses?
Obviously, no problem finding enough plumbers...

I'm worried about the proposal to build a million new council houses a week, or whatever they said...
Will BC check them all?
Will I, as a non-electrician, get the contract for wiring them, cos I will be much cheaper than you proper sparks?
Seriously, I can't believe there are enough qualified electricians out there to support such a proposed building campaign, so who will wire all these new houses?
I more worried about the right to buy at 50% after two years or whatever it is. Might be good investment for some aspiring property investor. Or give up work, ask for a council house, keep it then flog it. Nice little earner.

I'm not going to be happy with the re-introduction of right to buy given that we now have a huge shortage of council houses since most of the old stock went into the private sector last time round. Of course, if all the sale proceeds were ring-fenced to pay for replacement stock...aye, right!
Plus, private landlords have had a really bad deal recently, forcing many out of the market when they make a significant contribution to the availability of rented houses. I think it very unlikely that property investors will be adding much to their portfolios unless they are already very wealthy.

Everytime anyone from Labour or the Libdems open their mouths, their own nail guns go off indescriminately and fire another 2 dozen nails into their respective coffins.
Both parties are already dead and buried.

John Macdonald wiped £500million off the value of B.T shares when he announced the Broadband plan.

Given that a future Labour Government, if there ever was such a thing, would propose buying (Nationalising) B.T Openreach at a "fair price" based on the share value at the time, then what they've just done is manipulate the share price down, that's a serious issue under normal cirmcumstances and would warrant investigation by the F.S.A and would lead to prosecution.

I would imagine the housing market has taken a hit now as well.
No current or prospective Landlords are going to want to take a risk of loosing money buying whilst there's even a slight risk of Labour getting in.

Labour are against Billionaires, well if they did get in power and do half of what they've suggested most of the Barristers in the U.K would become billionaires fighting all the seizures and nationalising plans.
Bit of a home goal there..

If Labour nationalised BTOR would they also pay out to cover the losses taken by the other 199 other internet providers? Smaller networks costs and assets run into the hundreds of millions not to mention the jobs and support services that go with them.

I want some of the crack that Labour are smoking...

I want some of the crack that Labour are smoking...

By all means have some Crack, but I wouldn't recommend any that ANY Politicians are on, it just makes you dillusional to the Nth degree.

They appear to believe the rubbish they all utter.
As above somewhere, the least worst option its going to have to be.

I'm not going to be happy with the re-introduction of right to buy given that we now have a huge shortage of council houses since most of the old stock went into the private sector last time round. Of course, if all the sale proceeds were ring-fenced to pay for replacement stock...aye, right!

The whole concept of council housing as we know it today is a totally unfair nonsense ! All funded by the jolly old, hard working tax payer !! The problem is that once you get your council house, you have it for life ! Regardless of how much you earn or whether you need it or not.

A classic example is the now deceased union firebrand Bob Crowe... he had a very nice council house and was paid something like £150k pa !! He refused to give it up to someone who needed it...

Or... one of the problems with the aftermath of Grenfell Tower was that they didn't know who was living in there because there were so many flats sub-let ! That's people who are lucky enough to be given a cheap flat rental in a nice part of town... who choose to live somewhere else and make money out of the jolly old hard working tax payer again !!

If they charged council housing at market rent, then upped the housing benefit to compensate, you'd solve the problem...

Will BC check them all?
You make it clear in your first sentence that you have no idea how many houses they plan to build Pirate, then go on to get yourself stressed over something that you don’t know.

For your information it’s 1 million houses over a decade, getting to 150 000 per year after the first term.

Hope this helps.
[automerge]1574517153[/automerge]
I more worried about the right to buy at 50% after two years or whatever it is. Might be good investment for some aspiring property investor. Or give up work, ask for a council house, keep it then flog it. Nice little earner.
You needn’t worry Midwest, Labour are ending right to buy. Happy now?

Last edited:
You needn’t worry Midwest, Labour are ending right to buy. Happy now?

No I'm not. Lib Dems keep shoving flyers through my letter box, telling me to vote for them. Flipping cheek, when they aim to stop Brexit. Last letter that came through, I put return to sender, & scribbled BREXIT in black crayon, all over it. Can't wait for one them to knock the door, they'll get it both barrels.

Another thing, free broadband tish. Next they'll be offering free Sky tv.
[automerge]1574519291[/automerge]
Don't count yer Chickens mate, stranger things have happened, just look at Trump,

He does seem bullet proof. I gave him 6 months, he's still here 4 years later.

lib-dems... rolls-royce ideas on a push-bike income.

labour ... push-bike ideas on a rolls-royce income.

SNP. .... why did we nick all the stones out of hadrian's wall.

No I'm not. Lib Dems keep shoving flyers through my letter box, telling me to vote for them. Flipping cheek, when they aim to stop Brexit. Last letter that came through, I put return to sender, & scribbled BREXIT in black crayon, all over it. Can't wait for one them to knock the door, they'll get it both barrels.

Another thing, free broadband tish. Next they'll be offering free Sky tv.
[automerge]1574519291[/automerge]

He does seem bullet proof. I gave him 6 months, he's still here 4 years later.
Tell me about it and I'm a Brit, don't know what the US contingent think of him" I'm friends with Megawatt , but out of decency I won't ask him, it's their Country after all, nothing to do with us or does it???????????
[automerge]1574520053[/automerge]
lib-dems... rolls-royce ideas on a push-bike income.

labour ... push-bike ideas on a rolls-royce income.

SNP. .... why did we nick all the stones out of hadrian's wall.
Labour JC and DA soy no mooooore as Monty Python would say
[automerge]1574520232[/automerge]
Tell me about it and I'm a Brit, don't know what the US contingent think of him" I'm friends with Megawatt , but out of decency I won't ask him, it's their Country after all, nothing to do with us or does it???????????
[automerge]1574520053[/automerge]

Labour JC and DA soy no mooooore as Monty Python would say
JC alias Swampy where on earth did Labour come up with this idiot as a Leader?

they had good models with neil pillock and michael foot and mouth.
[automerge]1574521775[/automerge]
screaming lord sutch commited suicide when he realised he'd never get in power. wishfull thinking that jeremy cor'blimey does the same?????

Last edited:
they had good models with neil pillock and michael foot and mouth.
[automerge]1574521775[/automerge]
screaming lord sutch commited suicide when he realised he'd never get in power. wishfull thinking that jeremy cor'blimey does the same?????
Contact Phil the Greek, he will sort it.

Reply to Labour Manifesto in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock