Lath and plaster ceilings | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Lath and plaster ceilings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can you normally fish from room to room above a lath and plaster ceiling? Ie if you’re trying to get a cable between all detectors but there’s no access above can you normally fish between rooms?

Yeah that’s what I’m meaning, can you normally rod through from say the hall into the living room above the ceiling
I don't think there's much difference between a plaster board ceinling and lathe and plaster with regards using a cable rod from below. The rod will go up from below, hit the floorboards and travel along.
If however you were working from above, the rod would then hit the lathe and can be a pain on longer runs.
You may well find a few nothes you have to get past though. Ie more holes in the ceiling.
Edit... little spark has beaten me to it!

Which also means compatible with HellermanTyton
Interesting, I didn't know that. The HellermanTyton whisk seems to be half the price of the Superrod one, and they even look identical.

Must check if that is the case for other attachments, which I always think can be a bit pricey whenever I have to replace one.

Reply to Lath and plaster ceilings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I would use the Switch & Load 16A - https://www.quickwire.co.uk/product/switch-load-16a/ Designed to do the same thing as the ceiling rose in...
Replies
Views
L
  • Article
Bathroom leak disaster- wet room the culprit? Hi there, Several days ago the plaster board of my living room ceiling collapsed, as a result of a...
Replies
Views
Lisa2021
L
  • Question
ok cheers for the help lads
Replies
Views
I was at the other end of the results spectrum today. As I was driving home I had a call from my "Mrs Richards from Fawlty Towers" lady, very deaf...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's why I directed the OP towards:
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks