Discuss LED Lights starting to flash in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi , I installed led downlights in a new build house about 3 months ago. They are not gu10 but the kind where the lamp is part of the fitting. Saxby Orbitalpro cct 1p65 9Watt to be precice. In the last month or so i have had to change 6 of them as they started flashing on and off .I replaced them and they worked fine but I got a call again today from the client saying another 2 have started doing this. None of them are on a dimmer. Has anyone had this problem or know what is causing this?

Are the “flashing” units all on the same circuit, or across multiple circuits? Is there any parity in the simultaneous flashing of more than one fixture, or is it random/independent? Is the warm/cool selector switch firmly in the selected position and unobstructed once recessed, I.e. not tight against anything that could move the switch slightly?

Are the “flashing” units all on the same circuit, or across multiple circuits? Is there any parity in the simultaneous flashing of more than one fixture, or is it random/independent?
They were all on the same circuit but the 2 new ones to flash are from a different circuit. The house has a 3 phase board so the 2 circuits effected are on different phases. The each of the effected lights flash on/off/on/off like seconds on a clock but not all in sync. They worked fine for the first 2 months. Also they did not all start doing this at the same time more like 1 every few days

Sounds like you have a bad batch if lights. This is one of the main reasons I don't fit integrated lights. Maybe try gu10 ones, then the customer can change the lamp themself

Reply to LED Lights starting to flash in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock