Discuss Led security light query in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Evans8773

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all, I have just replaced my old broken security light with the light in the following link.

FEAHRZEUG 30W Security Lights... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09NKN99VH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

When I wire the light up with the old lights wire it is very very dim.

When I wire the light into a plug it’s works perfectly.

Ideally I need it to be wired to the old lights wiring. I have tried with wago connectors just to see if it works properly and also tried with another junction connection and all same result a very dim light.

So as it stands the only way it works as it should is if wired to a plug.

So does anyone have any idea why the original lights wiring will only produce a dim light

Thanks in advance

Mark

TL;DR
G S

Reply to Led security light query in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am restoring an old art deco, wall mount medicine cabinet. The cabinet has an 18” fluorescent light tube on each side. Before I put a lot...
Replies
Views
Hi all, H.N.Y. The passive, affixed to a recently bought LED security light is rubbish, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, no matter how...
Replies
Views
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
I have a Security Light on my patio and until recently it worked fine. It stopped working and I couldn't decide if it was the LED Floodlight or...
Replies
Views
Led light fixture went dim. I replaced it with a new fixture and it won’t power on. I have 120v with a multimeter at the wire. When I wire up the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock