Discuss Leeds Vs Castleford Wembley in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I hate F1, very boring IMO lol
The technology is amazingl.
A 1.6 litre V6 that can do about 200mph.
Cornering and braking at up to 5g.
The physical requirements on the drivers are miles beyond that required in any other sport,

But, unless you are into it, you probably can't appreciate that.
Technical, physical, strategic in a combination that no other sports emulate.

The technology is amazingl.
A 1.6 litre V6 that can do about 200mph.
Cornering and braking at up to 5g.
The physical requirements on the drivers are miles beyond that required in any other sport,

But, unless you are into it, you probably can't appreciate that.
Technical, physical, strategic in a combination that no other sports emulate.
Not exactly exciting though is it...I watch it sometimes, but it's not on the edge of your seat stuff...changing from minute to minute...

We say 'we' because thats the team we support, for the reasons Paul mentions, we are part of that team, you become passionate and that makes games exciting. Your on the edge of your seat through out, as the game changes, it's tense and thats what makes sport like this good.

But you being into F1 I don't expect you to understand that [emoji6]

I'm pleased that Daniel Riccardo won today. But it was he, not we.

F1 is the perfect example of fans and sponsorship support. A soft drinks company has dominated the sport for a number of years whilst the like of Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault try their best to keep up. They build the cars, Red Bull make caffeine drinks in expensive cans!!!

The term "we" whilst talking about a team you support and fund via tickets etc, WE are a small part of the team. He just drove a car for 2-3 hours supported by his team that are paid for by the fans AKA "WE/US". He won the race but WE won?????

F1 is the perfect example of fans and sponsorship support. A soft drinks company has dominated the sport for a number of years whilst the like of Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault try their best to keep up. They build the cars, Red Bull make caffeine drinks in expensive cans!!!

In the case of F1, the sponsorship is just pure worldwide advertising, I think the fans count for very little.
The good thing about F1 though, is that a lot of it, is British engineering showing the world that it's the best.

Red Bull did. They use Renault engines, are sponsored by Infiniti, a Nissan brand, and are based in Milton Keynes.
This year Mercedes, a car manufacturer, are streets ahead of any competitors. Not so long ago, it was Michael Schumacher who, in a Ferrari, another car manufacturer dominated.

The term "we" whilst talking about a team you support and fund via tickets etc, WE are a small part of the team. He just drove a car for 2-3 hours supported by his team that are paid for by the fans AKA "WE/US". He won the race but WE won?????
Yes, we, as in our support for the sport, are the reason it continues to exist. We win in the sense that it does continue.
But it was Riccardo who won the race.

In the case of F1, the sponsorship is just pure worldwide advertising, I think the fans count for very little.

Disagree. The fans are the very basis for the advertising. Without fans, there would be no audience for the sponsors advertising to be seen. Without fans there would be no one for the sponsors to make a pitch to. Audience gone, sponsors gone, sport gone.

Yep all paid for by people that buy anything with red bull printed on it. Paid for the driver, the car, the engine, the support team. He won the race but it was he supporters that put him in the seat????

Disagree. The fans are the very basis for the advertising. Without fans, there would be no audience for the sponsors advertising to be seen. Without fans there would be no one for the sponsors to make a pitch to. Audience gone, sponsors gone, sport gone.

No. Small crowds at the circuits v multi millions of (part time) viewers on TV.
That's what the sponsers are shovelling £$£$£$£$£$£$£$ into the game for.

Back on topic, rugby league. As I only joined on here yesterday I am just going through lot's of older thread's and found this. You have found another rugby league fan here, up the "Vikings". Only a few month's before the season starts again.

Reply to Leeds Vs Castleford Wembley in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock