Currently reading:
lighting replacements

Discuss lighting replacements in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mikey12

Hi all after assistance sorry might have asked before had numerous people ask me with regards to replacing lights within their houses. Have been to look at a couple, basic stuff really but wondering how i go about these as properties c/u has no rcd protection i know would say this is classed as maintenance none of points involve special locations would also issue minor works on completion but just want to know your views many thanks:confused:

What ever work you do the property has to be the same or better than when you started. Advise customer of RCD and note on your certificate any deviation from BS7671 ie note its a 16th edition board no RCD protection on lighting circuit

Hope that helps

Chris

hi yes sorry told a couple with regards to rcd protection they dont want to spend any more than they have to so are these jobs best avoiding?

Not at all a job is a job just issue your minor works certificate and record the diviations on the certificate you cant force the customer but you need to cover yourself.

Chris

Reply to lighting replacements in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back