Discuss Local wet pants company offering electrical services! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As for the original post, why not diversify business ?
There are plenty of firms round here that have plumbers and electricians on the vans to offer both separate and combined services. The price might be a reflection of the overheads involved in the business. I can totally see how that price could reflect the cost of a tradesman, apprentice, and running the van they bob about in. There is also their internet advertising to pay for ;)

Having said that, there was a local wetpants on one of my college courses. He was hopeless, didn't understand the theory and did not finish the course. Didn't stop him from offering electrical services though aside from his boiler fitting. Every job of his I have seen (been called to rectify) has been of a worse standard than DIY.

As for the original post, why not diversify business ?
There are plenty of firms round here that have plumbers and electricians on the vans to offer both separate and combined services. The price might be a reflection of the overheads involved in the business. I can totally see how that price could reflect the cost of a tradesman, apprentice, and running the van they bob about in. There is also their internet advertising to pay for ;)
Good luck to them if they can get away with it. I wish I could charge those prices and be busy!
I don't think its fair to judge anyone for diversifying. I started out in fabrication and engineering then went into electrics. I learned how to pipe fit and plumb way before I became an electrician. I know quite a few multi-skilled tradespeople who are very good at their job. A good friend of mine operates as a one stop shop, building, plumbing and electrical. His workmanship is top notch, I always recommend him to folk and he has a 100% good feedback rate.
Like all trades there are the good the bad and the dam right dodgy rip off's!

Multi trade myself.......but if I could earn that for the electrical side of things I’d happily drop the rest I think :)

Reply to Local wet pants company offering electrical services! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net