Discuss Log cabin socket design installation in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Iv got a little install of 2 IP rated sockets to go on an exterior wall of a log cabin. The customer doesn't want to see any cables or containment as you look at the sockets. We've agreed to run black PVC conduit on the rear of the cabin (which is going to have shrubs growing up it) and then back entry into the 2 socket outlets.

The issue I have is from an installation view. The cabin panels are 20mm thick. Installing a female conduit bush and then a 90° bend will leave the conduit far to long to then fix to the back of the cabin and then run the lengths.

Would it be better to use a short piece of flex out of the socket just to get a tight 90°?

A few drawings below which may help

Log cabin socket design installation IMG_20190625_080506 - EletriciansForums.net

Log cabin socket design installation IMG_20190625_080637 - EletriciansForums.net

don't fit a bend. fit a conduit end box with a hole drilled in back. silicon to prevent water ingress wher cable goes from box through wall.

don't fit a bend. fit a conduit end box with a hole drilled in back. silicon to prevent water ingress wher cable goes from box through wall.
Beat me to it Tel

Inspection bend rather than sweeping?
Will be tight against any external corner.

A bit tight for t&e, but doable.

Reading the OP again, and this time understanding what is required, I would go for end box - through box - end box from the CU, 1st socket, 2nd socket.
Or IP rated adaptable boxes

Watch the length of any screws into the wall if its only 20mm thick

Reply to Log cabin socket design installation in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock