• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Looking for work experience / offering my time for free. Leicester based but will travel in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?

Charlie_Don't_Surf

Trainee
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to shadow/assist electricians working within a fifty mile radius of Leicester (i.e. Stoke on Trent / Mansfield / Peterborough / MK / Birmingham - although ideally the closer to Leicester the better). Just really keen to get work experience even if it means travelling.

At present I can offer two days per week for free (Weds and Friday). Looking for either part time experience or temporary experience on a one off job.

I'm mature and reliable. In the process of a career change into the electrical industry. I am studying EAL Electrical Installations level 2 Diploma with SMB College in Coalville (evening classes) and have completed an accredited online Electrical Systems course with Coursera.

Happy to carry out basic tasks like fetching equipment, stripping scrap cable, and cleaning/preparation of work areas. I am very good at following instructions, have good initiative and an excellent attention to detail.

I have the necessary equipment for shadowing electricians, including steel toe cap boots, tools, safety glasses, hard hat and appropriate clothing. I would be happy to take out my own public liability insurance if this would be useful. I have helped friends who are employed in the electrical industry on an informal basis in recent years. I also have a good awareness of health and safety regulations and practices, and would be happy to work indoors or outdoors in all weathers.

Would be delighted to hear back from anyone with any available voluntary (or even paid) work experience opportunities, work as a mate or apprenticeships.

Reply to Looking for work experience / offering my time for free. Leicester based but will travel in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net