Discuss Lutron RA2 information anyone? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning all.

Anyone currently or have installed Lutron RA2 systems in the past?
If so would anyone have any feedback on the systems? Reliability? workable switch to node range? Ease of configuration etc etc would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

Mike.

Morning all.

Anyone currently or have installed Lutron RA2 systems in the past?
If so would anyone have any feedback on the systems? Reliability? workable switch to node range? Ease of configuration etc etc would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

Mike.
Hi Mike

RA2 is very reliable. Key points to remember are it is an RF system so it is important to ensure that the necessary devices are within reasonable coverage. If you are doing it, then RA2 Select is plug and play pretty much. Distances - depends on the RF environment and the path between the repeater and the communicating devices. Lutron recommend 9m, my experience in "normal" environments is significantly better than this.

Matt

Yep it’s brilliant. Reliable, easy to set up and use.

As above 9m is extremely conservative. I fitted it in a large 4 bed house last year, including detached garage and expected to need repeater extenders but the main repeater did the lot reliably. Detached garage was 15m plus away through 2 cavity walls

Just seen this thread..... looking at using RA2 select system on all our future Smart Control jobs from now on.
Fed up of lesser brands failing etc, calls backs. Sounds like with Lutron you get what you pay for 😁

Couple questions if anyone could help me out please :

(i) When setting up app does this have to be done through end users mobile ? Or can it be done through installers mobile.

(ii) Are Lutron technical (on phone) easy to get hold of for queries with set up whilst out on site?

Thanks very much
Sy

Reply to Lutron RA2 information anyone? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net