Discuss Main water Bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi.

Even though the incomer is plastic chances are carrying on from there will be copper, so I would run a bond to the stop cock.

Cheers.

If the incoming water main is plastic can I assume that there is no need to run a 10mm bonding cable to the stop cock

hi there

i ahve seen somewhere in the regs that it is not necessry to bond incoming plastic water pipes i think it is in the onsite guide

cheers:)

I thought the point of bonding the incoming services to the MEF was to ensure that if parallel earth paths exist the ZS is improved at the board which enhances ADS. If the incoming is plastic goodbye parallel path path????

What about combined installations? Those that have both plastic incomming and some copper and some plastive. If you boneded the copper it would only bond untill it reachs a plastic fitting. In fact the whole house could be done in copper but if plastic pipes are fitted then its useless.

If the incoming from the St is in copper then fine I beleive that the point of the bonding is to asssist with ADS which the parallel path will do, not for supplemtary bonding of the copper pipes within the dwelling am i right in this??

If the incoming from the St is in copper then fine I beleive that the point of the bonding is to asssist with ADS which the parallel path will do, not for supplemtary bonding of the copper pipes within the dwelling am i right in this??

Chaps,

Basically, bonding is to prevent voltage appearing through the underground pipework.

If its plastic, it cant get in.

Reply to Main water Bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock