Discuss maintenance electrician in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

adamh

think this is the first post ive started :) anyway... when a job is advertised as maintenance electrician what exactly is involved? relamps and changing broken fittings and fixtures springs to mind??

As Ian said, depends on what sort of place it is. Was a maintanence spark for a good few years in a food factory, involved everything from lights in the toilets to large control MCC's and instrumentation. Did involve shift work though.

It could be an interesting change !

it can be anything, i have met in the past maintanence sparks that change a few bulbs a day and i have met others that have worked in the same factory for 30 years and between them over the years have rebuilt generators and other huge pieces of kit! ask for a job description.

I have worked in maintenance for some time and to be honest lamp changing is the tip of a huge iceberg :) to be honest I cant remember the last time I changed a tube lol

I work with all manor of industrial machinery (at the moment I work in food manufacture) and there is never a dull moment, a lot of electricians In this line of work can weld, fabricate, turn, mill, as well as taking on a fair bit of mechanical work on top of the electrical bits and pieces.

Where I am now we design and build control panels, design control systems for machinery, PLC programming, install drives and configure/program etc, all manor of installation works, on top of fault finding on everything daily (hygiene :rolleyes:) and thats where the pressure is!!

I think it suits some people and not others, some maintenance positions can be boring and uninvolved but find somewhere interesting and you will have a ball :) and also the training involved will get your cv bulging!

Reply to maintenance electrician in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock