Discuss Makita 7.2v Impact drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yes I used one last week. I have also used the expensive Bosch one that was totally fantastic .Makita seems to offer great value for money. Even though i have a full 18V Dewalt kit i still but makita now. I think its better made

i will never buy dewalt ever again absolubte poo! to be honest i would bother buying that particular makita impact driver but save up for another week and get a better one, you'll only regret it later.

i was after an impact driver and was gonna get the 10.8 l'ion bosch one (impact) with version one 10.8 driver as well for about £140 (ebay), i then popped into the local CEF! and they had a triple pack makita 14.4v set. impact driver, drill driver, hammer/drill driver, 3 bats. £160 + vat. didnt think that was bad really

i was after an impact driver and was gonna get the 10.8 l'ion bosch one (impact) with version one 10.8 driver as well for about £140 (ebay), i then popped into the local CEF! and they had a triple pack makita 14.4v set. impact driver, drill driver, hammer/drill driver, 3 bats. £160 + vat. didnt think that was bad really

The reason I was looking at the 7.2v was just the size of it. I've got an 18v for anything too big and was just looking at stuff to use as a screwdriver really thats nice and light and still got a bit of power on it. The only thing putting me off is that its not got variable speed. So I have been looking at the bosch 10.8v but is it really worth double the price.

I've got the Bosch impact, as well as the 10.8 screwdriver which I've had for 18 months - it's the Mk1 without the locking chuck thing.

The impact driver is amazing for its size, and I hardly ever need the 12v Dewalt impact now.

Originally I had the green Bosch Ixio (?) when it came out over five years`ago. It is apparently the largest selling Li-Ion tool in the world!

I have the makita 7.2V one its brilliant, very fast, good reach, battery's last too. I totally recommend it.

I used the little green bosch one once, it just doesn't compare to my makita :p

I have this Makita 7.2 Driver too. I think it is excellent.. 2 batterys and makita holster. It is VERY usefull for second fixing.. I have used this a hell of alot when second fixing newbuilds wheres theres alot of sockets, switches and fittings to screw back. This saves a lot of time. Also just as i wanted something small to drop into my pouch.

I deffo recomend it!!

Yes I used one last week. I have also used the expensive Bosch one that was totally fantastic .Makita seems to offer great value for money. Even though i have a full 18V Dewalt kit i still but makita now. I think its better made

makita always offer value for money compared to the likes of dewalt

what u really want are these..

Product Shot

2x 10.8V drills, one is like a regular drill and one is an impact driver, my boss got them about a month ago and they're prob the most usefull tools on the van. he got them for 150 quid, also comes with 2 batteries and charger.
he primarily got them because we had to wire a workshop (wood everywhere) and they were perfect for fixing conduit clips and moulded boxes. they're nice n light and 'balanced' i guess and they've got enough power for us to use them for jobs we'd otherwise use our 28v battery drill for. got plenty of power for releasing screws holding floorboards down and driving screws down fixing floorboards back n stuff lol.

I have been using the Makita 7.2v imact driver for about 6 months and find it is perfect for most general work, even some heavy duty screws if the bat is at full charge, recharge time is very quick and charge lasts for ages.

I notice Makita now do a 7.2 drill/driver with torque settings that uses the same bat pack - I was thinking of getting one for small drilling jobs as its small and light. Can anyone recommend it?

Last edited by a moderator:
what u really want are these..

Product Shot

2x 10.8V drills, one is like a regular drill and one is an impact driver, my boss got them about a month ago and they're prob the most usefull tools on the van. he got them for 150 quid, also comes with 2 batteries and charger.
he primarily got them because we had to wire a workshop (wood everywhere) and they were perfect for fixing conduit clips and moulded boxes. they're nice n light and 'balanced' i guess and they've got enough power for us to use them for jobs we'd otherwise use our 28v battery drill for. got plenty of power for releasing screws holding floorboards down and driving screws down fixing floorboards back n stuff lol.

ive been using this set for about 6 months now and has not letme down even once.. has fitted countless kitchens, en-suites , electrical related work the lot.. and even some jobs round the house..

Hold a charge very well and have lots ofpower.. if they busted i would definately buy a replacement set.

In actual fact, they impressed me so much with the quality that i have just splased out on a set of 18V makita tools at near £650 becuase i wouldent buy any other brand now...

I have the 10v Bosch Professional set. They're the dogs. Light on the end of the screwdriver, light to hold/carry and Lithium Ion batteries. Well worth the money.

Reply to Makita 7.2v Impact drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock