Currently reading:
Makita DAB radio

Discuss Makita DAB radio in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Make your own! I think “shanky887614” has done a write-up on it somewhere. Might not be here though. If I find the link I will post it up later.

Edit: Found it one of them but not the one I’m thinking of.

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...ical-forum/103474-site-radio.html#post1114187
i made one

f373ee3119cc4d6f64837d7f8febf253.jpg

I'm watching the same one lol

Only problem is, no charger.
mine has a charger actually.

ive tweaked it since then, has two 12v batteries and im waiting on bits to finish it.

send me a pm if your interested and ill help you plan one and build it, im going to mod a makita headtorch/light so i can use that to power it. (got a >24v to 12v dc transformer on my desk waiting for it)

total it probably has cost me the same as buying a makita radio but that wouldn't have been as good or as much fun

Make your own! I think “shanky887614” has done a write-up on it somewhere. Might not be here though. If I find the link I will post it up later.

Edit: Found it one of them but not the one I’m thinking of.

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...ical-forum/103474-site-radio.html#post1114187
i posted a more indepth guide on eevblog i think?

ill start making a wiring diagram for what i did at some point, i havent finished it yet, im waiting on some dc jacks to put an external charging port on it.

Last edited:
never seen any radio that will receive 106.1 more than 20 miles from manchester (apart from in-car) so i don't bother.

never seen any radio that will receive 106.1 more than 20 miles from manchester (apart from in-car) so i don't bother.
its a car radio in a box tel with a car aerial XD.

havent found a crackly station with it yet

ive decided eagle isnt the easiest to use, ill find some other software later

b3786f2eff813e3a2f2455dc33d1490c.jpg

(this is my first time using it by the way and ive not read any guides or instructions)

its a car radio in a box tel with a car aerial XD.

havent found a crackly station with it yet

ive decided eagle isnt the easiest to use, ill find some other software later

b3786f2eff813e3a2f2455dc33d1490c.jpg

(this is my first time using it by the way and ive not read any guides or instructions)

Good god Shanky!!!

You seem to have oodles of electrical knowledge yet you cant spell probably the most common word used in the whole of the electrical world!! NEUTRAL.

Neutrel sounds like some kind of natural shower gel! :smile5:

Good god Shanky!!!

You seem to have oodles of electrical knowledge yet you cant spell probably the most common word used in the whole of the electrical world!! NEUTRAL.

Neutrel sounds like some kind of natural shower gel! :smile5:
^^ im past help, i even had a private English teacher when i was doing A levels (dilib has done more than me but thats for him to tell XD)

ive got a bit aspergers so my spelling goes to pot if i dont check and double check my posts. i still manage 50wpm but i have to keep typing backspace all the time.

if you like the next time i post i wont retype anything and you will see how bad it is when i dont do it as i go

^^ im past help, i even had a private English teacher when i was doing A levels (dilib has done more than me but thats for him to tell XD)

ive got a bit aspergers so my spelling goes to pot if i dont check and double check my posts. i still manage 50wpm but i have to keep typing backspace all the time.

if you like the next time i post i wont retype anything and you will see how bad it is when i dont do it as i go

Now I feel terrible. In those 3 paragraphs you've told me you had to have extra English teaching, you've got asperges and your humble enough to show that to everyone with your next post.

I hang my head in shame :shame:

Now I feel terrible. In those 3 paragraphs you've told me you had to have extra English teaching, you've got asperges and your humble enough to show that to everyone with your next post.

I hang my head in shame :shame:
Nah its alright. I got a D in english language and C in english lit.

Thats as good as i realistically could have gotten, its only since i had the lessons that I started to break up my paragraphs and use full stops lol.

It does take a lot more effort to do this so i don't usually bother. Its normally quite easy for people to get the gist of what im saying and thats good enough for me.

Reply to Makita DAB radio in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock