Discuss Maximum Disconnection Times in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Also got a post deleted in another thread for saying the stuff on Amazon made by China is often not safe to install.
Tricky tight rope - Negative opinions ..
( I'm older and just love moaning )
You get what you pay for, (and some local wholesalers risk a big hit , when they have to honour their returns policy)
Need to educate customers to spend more!

710? I had 41.1 in mind. I'm curious how those voltage cutoff values were derived.
Yes I missed table 41.1 maximum disconnection times on page 55 as far as how are the voltages are derived starts with AC and DC theory
[automerge]1574375985[/automerge]
Yes I missed table 41.1 maximum disconnection times on page 55 as far as how are the voltages are derived starts with AC and DC theory

I’m trying to learn the UK ways of doing electrical work

UK wiring requires that general socket and lighting circuits trip a breaker in a required amount of time based on the line to earth voltage.

UK wiring requires that general socket and lighting circuits trip a breaker in a required amount of time based on the line to earth voltage.
We can test breakers or RCDs but we can’t fix them if there are 1/10th of a second to slow, as far as I go if they trip I’m happy. I read your profile and I applaud you for wanting to learn but don’t just post things you are reading and asking why. I’m here to help anyone that needs it if I can. I’m going to ask you a question are you from the UK or US
[automerge]1574377266[/automerge]
Asking about the code's reasoning. And Megawatt- I fully get you!
If you are looking for reasons why the code wants this or that is something every body wants. You have hundreds of people who make up rules and regulations in the BIS 7671 and they all have different opinions

Last edited:
Staff have cleared up some posts in this thread. Please keep threads on topic and don't respond to rubbish, just report it, it saves us time. Cheers. :)

Reply to Maximum Disconnection Times in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock