Discuss Megger 1720 faulty or not?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mickytuff

Hi there all, just purchased brand new megger 1720, the problem is when i carry out a loop test, the meter is supposed to auto test for you, but this isnt happening you have to press the test button, the software/hardware on it is version 1.05, and was calibrated in jan this year by megger, so any help please as im sad now....still in the wrapper (((((, also the low setting on loop trips the rcd but the high setting doesnt back to front isnt it???????

yes you can your right, go into spanner setting and change it in there, just solved that problem, reading other posts i have an old firmware version, 2.00 and above should solve the no trip loop setting, just bought it today, well hacked off now............thankyou for your help snapester )))

You need firmware version 2.01 or later for the best measurement stability. The 2 wire loop test is still a bit of a novelty and its use, is at best unpredictable at the moment, but with each firmware iteration its getting better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Markie, this sounds like an ongoing problem with the megger meters, dont sound that megger to me ))

As MS said the 2 lead low isn't always accurate, but 2 lead HI and 3 lead LOW on my 2 1730's work fine. If you bought it new I'd send it back to the shop and ask for one with an up to date firmware version. Else ask Megger if they will update it free of charge for you?

will do or maybe swap for something else, fluke maybe, megger should allow you to update via usb/internet, major flaw i'd say, considering the cost of the unit, hardly cheap...........

Internet updating would be good. Did you not think of that when you were purchasing? Test-Meter have a good comparison chart on here/website of the different makes of MFT and their functions. Not sure it covers updates though?

Reply to Megger 1720 faulty or not?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock