Discuss megger mft1730 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

save a few quid and buy a 1552/3.

mines been for "errror 23" repair and when i phoned megger TS the girl seemed to know of this problem havent heard of any others within the firm going faulty
possibly give testmeter a ring hes a forum sponser and will give an impartial view I think haveing seen some posts from him his number is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
there is also a member "megger tsg" who seems to work for megger PM him he may be able to answer any concerens
At present iv got a spare 1552 from the work and have been told to keep hold of it "just in case"
I have my personal 1553 available for sale tho open to offers its hardly been used never abused not calibrated tho

My 1552 is giving me meither, wont test sometimes, have to reset it continually, batteries are fine , 11.5 v, I'll try new batteries of course, anyione else had similar problems. TBH a piece of kit this expensive shoud give years of trouble free service. Not impressed.

hmm, my 1552 is spot on on all functions except continuity. £300+ for megger to repair, so just purchased a megger BM401. checks out on cal. check, but going to get it calibrated soon as. your problem could be leads. try your MFT with someone else's to verify before spending £££££. on repair.

My original 1552 works failed it kept coming up 400v with no leads ect connected its away for repair and a couple of others within the firm have went BUT we use them constantly doing PIRs Still id expect a lifetime from £600-£700s bit of kit so long as its not abused and calibrated
as it is Iv not even had my 1720 4 months ffs doesnt bode well

Funny how Megger rushed this meter out with the selling point of no you can do a 2 wire Zs test at a light switch and all the schemies sat on their hands

Hi, Does anyone know where i can find the serial number on the Megger 1730 doesn't seem to be on the case, have looked inside the battery compartment not there either???? Maybe on my invoice

Take the batteries out and there's a bar code label. The number on it is the serial number.

Take the batteries out and there's a bar code label. The number on it is the serial number.

Doh!!!! Thanks mate, contacted Megger re: the tripping rcd's whilst doing fault loop problem, and they're asking for all my details and serials numbers

Thanks again

I'm on my 2nd 1730. First one gave erratic results so got it swapped. New one is fine as long as I don't expect accurate results on 2-wire no-trip. According to Megger this is fine, as you don't need results to be particularly accurate with an RCD in the system :)
3-wire no-trip, and high current tests are accurate so I'm happy overall. Just wish Megger would make prospective buyers and existing owners more aware of the limitations, rather than waiting for us all to complain.

As I understand it the issues with the 1700/1730's are predominantly fixed now? If people are still having problems then contact Megger, they're very approachable and don't bite. They want happy sparkies.

Serial number is also on the calibration certifcate

Reply to megger mft1730 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock