Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

Discuss Menvier MF400 ,.fire but nothing obvious ? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Could be I used to have one leg off at the bases alarms and breakglass

That would seem the most likely for IR testing

Wired loads of them but literally can't remember now

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
Tried the eol at the panel - no good

Tried the eol halfway on the detection zone - no good

Bypassed the BG at the door -alarms off so problem solved

What what exactly is the mechanism of operation of the BG.I opened it and it has to be a magnet that moves up and down making the circuit ?

There's nothing on the front sections mechanically or electrically connected to the back piece

Phil L

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Break glass has a rotary movement which moves the glass, at the top of where the glass sits there will be a micro switch which is held in position in its normal state and released on alarm

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
Break glass has a rotary movement which moves the glass, at the top of where the glass sits there will be a micro switch which is held in position in its normal state and released on alarm
Seemed to me.loke a wireless connection between front and back when I opened it , dunno maybe I'm mistaken

Thanks for the assistance

Reply to Menvier MF400 ,.fire but nothing obvious ? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net