Discuss Method statements and risk assessments in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ross Trician

Can any of you tell me as a sole trader do I still need to provide method statements? I am briefly familiar with risk assessments and I am aware that these are job/site specific but not really had dealings with method statements. I have browsed "templates" of them but they seem to be aimed more towards companies with employees rather than an individual.

I have been asked to produce these for a client, (a school) but do I give a generic one or provide a job specific one?

any help appreciated.

You can provide a generic method statement but it will be recognised for what it is. Take a generic statement and edit it to suit the circumstances. It’s time well spent and doesn’t take long in Word or whatever you use.

Can any of you tell me as a sole trader do I still need to provide method statements? I am briefly familiar with risk assessments and I am aware that these are job/site specific but not really had dealings with method statements. I have browsed "templates" of them but they seem to be aimed more towards companies with employees rather than an individual.

I have been asked to produce these for a client, (a school) but do I give a generic one or provide a job specific one?

any help appreciated.

Depends upon whom your doing the work for, they may state that MS and RA are required prior to the commencement of any work.

If they don't have them then they can say sorry no start until we have them.

I have done a few risk assessments before for public sites, tourist sites,heritage sites etc so if anybody needs one made up and I have time I can do one for you and email it to you as a pdf and word document...just send me a pm

cheers

I know the financial climate is not great but if you have a little time to spare and a few hundred quid the Nebosh General Cert course is great for this sort of thing....Its widely recognised and a great addition to your CV.I did it about 4 years ago over 26 weeks at night class.....was very in depth and a real eye opener to some things....needed it at work coz we need to manage our own H&S........I know its a luxury to the one man bands but knowledge is power!!!!

Reply to Method statements and risk assessments in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net