Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Metrel UK ........... 5 star service in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

About 10 days ago, my trusty Metrel MFT stopped working.

A few calls later established that Metrel UK in Epsom, could not only fix and calibrate my tester in 1 week, they would also loan me an MFT whilst they had mine free of charge.

They also updated the firmware at the same time.

Thanks Metrel.........................

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

static zap

-
Advent Win
Nice to hear we may I day actually be treated similar to the USA. Rather than the Europe penny pinch !
( favourite moan buy something -leads not included )

Charlie_

-
Arms
Never had any Metrel kit, not out of choice just like to stick with what I know..
I have a quite a few individual robin testers, a robin mft, some fluke gear and a megger mft..
just getting my head round the new megger but like to fall back on the other kit when necessary

9 years old and very overworked .......
Shouldn't have packed up after nine years. My stand alone rcd tester is twenty odd years old and never fails. My Robin efli tester is a similar age and the same applies and I guarantee they have been worked harder and suffered more than your meter.

O

Octopus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shouldn't have packed up after nine years. My stand alone rcd tester is twenty odd years old and never fails. My Robin efli tester is a similar age and the same applies and I guarantee they have been worked harder and suffered more than your meter.
Glass half empty again mate?

ferg

-
Arms
Esteemed
To be fair 9 years is pretty good for an entry level budget tester.

I would guess occasional light use is the reason it survived so long.

O

Octopus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's it cost ya mate if don't mind me asking
TBH the cost wasn't the factor ........ it was the speed of turn around AND the free loan of a tester.

Being SE I simply can't afford to have a spare collecting dust.

Marvo

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
It's always good to hear a story about good service to balance all the usual horror stories.

I still use separate testers and I've never owned an MFT but one day when I eventually cave in and buy one it will probably be a Metrel.

It's always good to hear a story about good service to balance all the usual horror stories.

I still use separate testers and I've never owned an MFT but one day when I eventually cave in and buy one it will probably be a Metrel.
Same here I use individual testers.

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

Me too. Never thought about an all singing.... like me meggers too much.

Reply to Metrel UK ........... 5 star service in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom